IGNORED

Brazilian Street Markets - First Pictures!

bonaccorsi

Hey, guys.

I just included on my website (about me section) some pictures I took today from a brazilian flea market I visited.

www.gamesbrazil.com/about_me.htm

I think it's interesting to the U.S. collectors to know more about the places where these brazilian games can be found.

I hope you enjoy these pictures!

Greetings,

Luiz Bonaccorsi

post-5913-1098557071_thumb.jpg

vintagegamer89,

Today was nice, we found a couple of Atari carts, including 2 carts from Tron, a few boxed Odyssey games, a Memory Game (with 128 built-in games) and a brazilian MSX computer with drive and tape recorder. Today later I will clean and test everything, and include on the website.

Mindfield,

It's always nice to visit these open markets, we talk with a lot of people and we never know what items can show up.

About the owl, he ran away a long time ago, but I think it was better, because these birds must be free. Garibaldo was my last pet animal. He was unique, a very smart and kind owl!

Was it released in South America as a Sinclair, and not a Timex?

Yeah. Timex only released the Sinclair machines in North America (Canada/USA). Those are easily identified by their different model numbers (ZX81 = TS1000, ZX81 + 16k memory pack = TS1500, Spectrum 48 = TS2000, etc.) They sorta branched off from Sinclair's designs tho -- they were almost autonomous in how and in what configuration they released the machines. They were the same machines but had very different physical designs. (Timex/Sinclair machines were almost all silver, and the TS1500 had rubber chicklet keys like the Spectrum 128, though larger; as far as I know Sinclair himself never released a ZX81 model with chicklet keys)

I've been looking for a TS2500 (Spectrum 128) but they're damn near impossible to find.

Al,

It's nice to know that you enjoyed the pics. Maybe tomorrow I can add a few others from another flea markets, in "real time", huh? Each place has your own "magic" - as you can see on the pictures...

:roll:

About the computers - a brazilian company called Microdigital released a ZX-Spectrum compatible computer called TK90X, back in 1985. The brazilian market of computers is very interesting, several clones were released in the 80's.

Luiz

Hey, Sandy!!!

Nice to hear from you again!!! I missed your e-mail, please, send a message to me!!! I received your post card, thanks!!!

When I posted these Ilha Grande pictures, I was junt thinking about our trip to that incredible place. I took these pictures about 1 month ago, as you can see, it's still marvelous :)

Please, send an e-mail to us!

All the best,

Luiz & Angelita

yup cool pics those water dispseners and toilet seats cud be benefitful to homeless people they can now make their homeless life a lil bit fancier by building/making a homebrewn portable toilet LOL  :D

You just need to add a 5 gal bucket in the mix & then you can have yourself a really nice sh!ter. :lol:

Really cool pics, I would not want to be out there all alone thou some shaddy looking folks round there.

Just a question, where are you taking these pictures at? I'd like to know for future reference. :D I lived in Minas (mostly Belo Horizonte) for a couple of years but I never really found anything other than a 2600 box and the label side of a Galaxian shell on the ground. I suppose I was looking in the wrong places. But next time I go back there, I'm determined to bring a few games back home. 8)

I guess Brazilian markets are a little less discriminating on the merchandise they carry than around here -- anything seems to be fair game. But then if there's a market for it, then it certainly makes sense. You sell what people want, and if that happens to be toilet seats, then you'd better have butt planters aplenty. :-)

Mind you, given how strikingly bone-dry it's been around here lately, I think I'd love rummaging around in one of those markets...

It's pretty fun to wander around those markets. I recall going through one where they closed an entire street every week and just filled it with booths where people could sell stuff. All I ever found though were clothes, tons of pirated PlayStation games, and some other misc. items. Of course I didn't do through the markets all that often, once every few months if that. I'm sure if I went more often I would have found some cool things there. The 2600 box I found was at somebody's house. I remember finding a Dreamcast once for R$706 (1 Brazilian Real is about 30¢ to 1 USD, last I checked), and mind you this was when DC's were going for $99 here. Of course a PS2 or Xbox was about R$2,000 at the time, definently not cheap. But since I never ran into any of the classic stuff, I don't know how much that could go for. :sad: The strangest thing I ever came across (it wasn't at a flea market though) was a pirate console that had two cartridge ports on it. One played Genesis games and I was never able to find out what the other slot was for, although they both looked the same. That was almost as strange as the hacked N64 controller I saw that had "7,000" NES games built into it. Most of those games were variations of the same game, but it was kind of cool.

povlok1,

Believe me, when I took these pictures, I didn't realized about these nice toilets, specialy this beautiful red one... I missed it!!! :lol:

dojosky & video game addict,

Thanks for the instructions of this portable toilet :grin:

Shaggy,

Nice to meet you here :)

Mindfield,

How about a tour of the AtariAge collectors to the brazilian flea markets?

;)