IGNORED

Apple IIGS operating system needed.

Joecool

Don't know if anyone here would have this but worth a try anyways. I have an Apple IIgs computer that needs an operating system, anything up to GS/OS 6.0.1. I could download it and create the required diskettes if I had another MAC to do this with, but obviously I don't. Does anyone happen to have any OEM OS diskettes for the Apple IIgs or have the ability to download the OS to a MAC and create the diskettes for me? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dion

The only thing I could help you with is an OS for the original II's.

Should work according to this site : http://www.wordiq.com/definition/Apple_IIgs

But I am not sure if that is what you want.

At this point I'll take whatever will get the computer running. I can always keep looking for a newer OS, but I'll take whatever you have. I'll send you a PM.

Thanks for the reply. :)

Apple Computer has an older software download page. :)  Of course, getting the software onto 800K floppies is another problem...

Voch

... if you don't have an older Mac with a floppy drive and Disk Copy.

Of cource, at this point I don't even need another computer since I can take the IIgs online to get stuff.

I'd offer to make you some OS disks for cost of floppies but I don't have any spare at the moment. I really need to order some.

I beleive the guys at A2central offer GS OS on floppies, though I think their fee is the max legally allowed.