IGNORED

Why sacrifice 2600 carts for...

Genki

None taken!

Just did not want you to think this was going to go away.

The OShea games is a great idea though. We could turn the boxes inside out and reprint right on them.

Hmm, now if I could just find the assembly language and learn it. I want to make a game about bears eating picnic lunches. Got it in my head, somewhere between Tapper and Yar's Revenge.

Cassidy

quote:

Originally posted by wi1ykat:

O'Shea might get a bgger tax break if they donated the entire unsold stock to Hozer rather than dumping them, and O'Shea might even get a bonus for not dumping plastics and metal in the landfill. They don't decompose very well at all.

I'm not a tax expert by any stretch of the imagination, but I think this wouldn't be beneficial to either O'Shea's or Hozer.

Hozer isn't a non-profit, so O'Shea's probably wouldn't be able to write it off in the first place -- I think it'd just be considered a gift. That's where the problem comes in for Randy at Hozer -- he'd probably have to pay taxes on it then, and taxes on gifts are pretty significant.

(or maybe I'm wrong...)

Two things to add:

1. Combat isn't a good game for homebrew conversions. It is only 2k of rom, and the A11 line isn't brought out to the cart connector. 4k games save a lot of trouble.

2. There is absolutely no shortage of O'shea 2600 games. Someone posted once that the owner may move into some other business and "don't expect the games to be there forever"

So buy tons of them now, 60 cents each in large orders I believe. Replace the roms, new sticker on cart and box, re-shrinkwrap, and sell, sell, sell.

John

John

quote:

Originally posted by ubersaurus:

I think this topic makes a good arguement alongside custom PCBs.

I'd agree, as you can see by the third message in this thread this is when I started to talk about custom PCB's.

If not anything the custom cart cases are still needed, even with custom PCB's Homebrewers needed cases so original games still get destroyed.