IGNORED

Atari 2600 Haunted Adventure Limited Edition

atwwong

Update: The carts and manuals are ready for production. Thanks to Rhindle for all his hard work on Haunted Adventure Boo!'s artwork and manual design! I'll keep everyone posted when I hear back from Packrat.

Regarding the box design, I'm hoping that each one can be personalized, if time permits... More on that later.

• 2 weeks later...

Update: Here is the link to the photos of the Special Edition box that is available. The box is customizable with the production number and a 40 character text message that can be added, i.e., owner's name, to make this a truly collectible item.

I also added a couple more Haunted Advenuture - Boo! screenshots to the first post.

Thanks Rhindle; your work is not too bad either! ;) :D

I actually had different artwork that I wasn't happy with. I scrapped it and started over. Maybe I'll post it later.

I will send out invoices to everyone who expressed an interest in preordering starting later today.

• 3 weeks later...

Update from PackratVG! :)

"Everything is ready to go out except for a few boxes. Each box takes about a half hour to construct (cutting, folding, etc.). Tomorrow is a holiday here and we will finish everything up to ship. I certainly apologize for the delay. You can assure everyone that it has been worth the wait. I could have rushed through the production, but I wanted to make sure that everything comes out absolutely perfect. I guess that being a perfectionist can be a hinderence sometimes. - Jarett"

Thanks,

Jarett

I do appreciate Jarett being a perfectionist! As he says, it will be worth the wait... ;)

Yes, Phil was my first "victim"! :lol: As a result, he gets the lowest box number besides mine! ;)

As I've said before, it was a fun experience working with many talented people. Even squashing the timing errors and other "bugs" with Nukey for the SE was a good learning experience. The box was a joy to design as well. I'll tell that tale one day...

I have the following update from Jarett:

...everything goes out tomorrow.

:D

I would like to publicly apologize to everyone that has to wait for their Haunted Adventure orders. I am very sorry for the delays. To be honest, I'm disappointed with my team. This isn't like us. This has never happened before and we are working now to rectify our production and shipping difficulties to ensure that this doesn't occur again. If anyone has any questions or concerns, I would be more than happy to answer them.

Sincerely,

Jarett Waite

Owner

Packrat Video Games

www.packratvg.com

My set arrived on Friday. Great collectors item, and a couple of great games.

I played the crap out of Haunted Adventure Boo! yesterday. Beat it on all 3 levels. I think level 2 is the best because it forces you to explore the entire game in order to win.

Now I'm going to start on Redemption! these games are just what any Adventure fan needs!

I must say that both of these games are of really good quality, and tey are both quite fun. In fact, they don't really feel like hacks of Adventure at all, which is a testament to Artwong, Nukey Shay, and all others involved. Congrats on a great accomplishment!