IGNORED

Multimedia 1.0 in NYC closing it's doors.

defender

How far is this store from Rockefeller Center? I'm clueless with NYC.. My wife wants to drag us up there sometime in December when her mom comes into town, I'd love to stop by..

You could just shoot down the subway to Astor Place and be there in about 15 minutes. From Astor place it's only a few blocks east to get to Saint Marks. It's about 45 blocks from Rockefeller Center (a few miles).

Glad to hear the good stories of people's visit to the store.

Today we will be open till about 10pm. We usually open around 1pm till 10pm and on Fri and Sat we are open till 11pm. Sunday we are 1-9pm.

It's really easy to get here but the address is 18 Saint Marks Place (not 19) and Saint Marks is the same as 8th street on the East side of the village. We are between 2nd and 3rd Ave.

To train here take the 6 to Astor Place or the N/R to 8th Street. We are just 1 or 2 blocks from either of those stations.

The classic section in my store has always been the one thing to seperate my store from any other...I carry (carried I should say) a very extension set of 2600, 5200, ColecoVisio, Lynx, Vectrex, Handhelds, Classic Marquees, Oddysee (spelt wrong I am sure), Neo Geo, and just about ANYTHING video game related I could find. I set out to create a TRUE game store and not some EB clone. I always felt it odd that people ask me why I carry Atari games...and they inevitably ask "do they really sell"... I mean...Does anyone ever go into Tower records and get suprised they sell Led Zeppelin? I know those on this forums understand but many visitors (i.e. tourists) were just floored because they only see strip mall gamestops.

I will admit that sales have slowed the past few years but mostly because 9/11 killed the tourists (maybe wrong choice of words). Also I blame Ebay for MUCH of the demise of the fun of game collecting...basically you can get whatever you want off ebay no matter how rare. And many items that did sell for $100 and up now are common on ebay and rarely fetch half that. I remember a time when Chase the Chuckwagon would fetch $150-$300 and now it's $50 and usually there are a couple on Ebay at any given time..ugh...where did all these sellers come from!

Anyways..enough ranting..this was my first post after waking up.