IGNORED

NBA Jam for Genesis needed...

zombiecraig

I know that must sound ridiculous, but I am looking for one. It can be just the cartridge as long as it's in decent shape. The catch is, I'm looking for one with Charles Barkley on the Phoenix Suns. This was part of the initial run. I had it at one time but then traded it in for some other stuff back in the day. The roster was changed later on and Barkley was removed, probably due to his association with Accolade and the Barkley: Shut Up and Jam! games. I'd be willing to slip someone a few bucks, or the later version of the cart in exchange for a NBA Jam with him in it. He was always one of my favorites.

You can't tell from the cover art, as far as I know. It's just an early run version of the original NBA Jam, not NBA Jam T.E. The early run versions have Barkley and Kevin Johnson on the Suns, while later run cartridges have Kevin Johnson and Dan Majerle. My later run cart does have a small white area in the label that says 1993 Acclaim Entertainment, Inc. among other manufacturing and licensing info. Maybe the earlier version has a slightly earlier date? I have no idea. The only way I know for sure is if you check the game itself...

Right, but not all copies of the original NBA Jam have Barkley. I know NBA Jam T.E. does not, but not all of the original ones do either. Trust me. I have a copy of NBA Jam (not T.E.) and it doesn't have Barkley. That's what I'm looking for: an original NBA Jam that has Charles Barkley on the Suns. It would be great if you guys could check your copies and see if he's in the game.

Are you sure that T.E does not have Barkley?

I swear that I played NBA Jam:TE back in 1995 and it DID have Barkley in it. Though the game I played nearly 10 years ago is not the same as the copy I have nowadays and I haven't played the copy I have now for while.