IGNORED

Wolfenstein 2600

neotokeo2001

I got my copy on Saturday directly from Jarrett (Thanks!) and the package is certainly impressive. The manual layout is exactly like 2600 manuals from the early 80's and the artwork is great. I enjoyed playing the game on z26 but it is much better on the real thing, especially with my Wico joystick. I even managed to beat it today (so once on z26 and once on the real thing) but I have yet to find the secret room. This is a really fun game and a great hack on top of that. :cool:

• 4 weeks later...
Are people still receiving their pre-ordered copies? Just wondering who the last person on the list was to get theirs so I know how much longer I have to wait til #33

Thanks!

908240[/snapback]

I was #4 and I'm still waiting... :? I'm not sure what happened there... :ponder:

are you saying that only 3 people got Wolfenstein?

uh-oh indy.

908724[/snapback]

I am out of the loop on Wolfenstein. I hope Packrat can get things rolling because it really is a great looking package. I have spoken to them and they say things are back on track. I'll have to let Jarett repond to this one.

I haven't spoken to Jarett in a while, and can't speak for him, but I know the day that I went over to help him ship games, we mailed out at least a dozen that day and he had several more boxes printed in order to ship out another batch in the next day or two.

@Lord Helmet and atwwong: IIRC, I have copy #30, and I know Jarett had the first 5 or 6 copies set aside to go to the programmers: neo, Robert M., etc. so I assumed he had those sent out the next day.

So I'm guessing the first 30 copies should be mailed by now. That's all I know at this point.

Hopefully, Jarett will chime in soon. :)

There are only a few copies from the first run that haven't shipped. We've sent out over twenty copies. The few that remain weren't claimed or have special circumstances tied to them. We'll be taking more pre-orders for the game at CGE in a week and a half, and the second run will begin shipping shortly thereafter.

Thanks,

Jarett

P.S. This game is a real gem. I hope that someone will put up a review soon. Robert and Scott went all out and came up with an excellent hackbrew.

Is this a fun adventure game, or just another version of venture?

Here's a nice write up on the game (thanks Stan Jr):

http://www.atariage.com/features/Stan2004/hack.html

The game is awesome and has a much different feel than Venture. It's no simple hack I can tell you that. I recieved my boxed copy some time ago. I think I was #9 on the pre-order list but I would have to verify that.

P.S.  This game is a real gem.  I hope that someone will put up a review soon.  Robert and Scott went all out and came up with an excellent hackbrew.

908933[/snapback]

Dude, it took home the 2004 Stan Award for Hack of the Year. What better endorsement can you ask for? How soon they forget.... :sad:

I received mine too, several weeks ago.  #31.

Sadly, I haven't even had a chance to play it yet. :(

909527[/snapback]

Heh. That's funny. I recieved mine as part of the first shipment, and I haven't played mine either. I spent a few minutes admiring the packaging though...

Chris

• 3 weeks later...
There are only a few copies from the first run that haven't shipped.  We've sent out over twenty copies.  The few that remain weren't claimed or have special circumstances tied to them.  We'll be taking more pre-orders for the game at CGE in a week and a half, and the second run will begin shipping shortly thereafter.

Thanks,

Jarett

P.S.  This game is a real gem.  I hope that someone will put up a review soon.  Robert and Scott went all out and came up with an excellent hackbrew.

908933[/snapback]

Time for our bi-weekly status update. Anyone have any news since CGE?

I assume that since someone got #31 that my #33 should be coming up soon!

921583[/snapback]

There is a notice posted on the packratvg website that says they are closed until Sept 1st while moving to a new location.

921583[/snapback]

There is a notice posted on the packratvg website that says they are closed until Sept 1st while moving to a new location.

921682[/snapback]

Saw that after I posted. Hope everything goes well with the move, and that business is smooth when things get up and running over @ packrat.

• 1 month later...
Updates? Is this game dead :(

950304[/snapback]

To tell you the truth with this version I just don't know. Hopefully Packrat will come around and start cranking out the carts.

I am working on a new animated version(Nukey) that has 2-frame animation on all of the enemies. There are a few other tweaks but nothing major. It is finished now but I am undecided about what to do with it. Packrat was a big help in getting me started making cart versions of my hacks and I don't want to undermine them if they have any chance of getting going again. Also Wolfenstein wouldn't exist without the work that Robert did to reprogram it and he has a say into what happens as well. I would love to see a deluxe version released with some redesigned rooms. Anybody else?

One small change is a lot of people complained that the game was too dark. The game has been made a little brighter.

New Title Screen

post-3832-1129674086_thumb.jpg

Old Title Screen

post-3832-1129674102_thumb.jpg

New Floor 1

post-3832-1129674046_thumb.jpg

Old Floor 1

post-3832-1129674060_thumb.jpg

Edited by neotokeo2001