IGNORED

Wolfenstein 2600

neotokeo2001

One comment, I do think you get the gun too soon.  I was wondering if you could hold that off until level 2 or even 3.

What do people think about the idea of reduced ammo?

It's a good idea. But like Robert said, There has to be a cut-off point somewhere. The Final BIN has been sent to manufacture carts. There is always a possibility of an 8k version in the future. :ponder:

Imagine if Robert and Nukey Shay worked on it together what couild be done. :D

I think the ammo level is set OK. When you get to the higher levels and the enemies move faster you can run out of ammo really fast.

Robert, I'm betting your eyeball is part of the label!!! ;) Who designed your label?

Actually its not. :D The eyeball is from a free avatar source on the web. I forget where. The label and packaging are all be handled completely by neotokeo2001 and packratVG. I have only hints at what they are planning. I have heard the words "something really special", and "gold foil label", but beyond that its a mystery to me. I am looking forward to seeing what they come up with. I know Jarrett at Packrat VG has a list of artists he taps to get help on labels. I am assuming he will do the same for Wolfenstein.

Cheers!

I finally sat down and beat* the game.  Nice ending screen!  I still haven't found that hidden level, though.  Anyone want to give me a subtle hint as to where I should look?

*(though I should admit to having availed myself of the pass-through-walls trick, so technically...)

Cheater, Cheater pumpkin eater! No hints for you until you fairly beat her. ;)

Here's a quick tip for people trying to beat the game:

Whenever you exit a room. You are 100% safe until you move. So take your time, even get up and get a drink of water. Shake out your fingers, etc.

If you do beat the game send me a shot of the end screen. Please don't post it in the forum, and I will give you hints to find the secret level.

Send your victory screenshots to me as a PM. Please no giant images or my mailbox will overflow.

Please be honest and don't use the pass through walls trick, which only works in emulators.

Happy hunting!

I just beat it but when I pasted the image it came out as just a black screen. Is there something else other than print screen you should use in z26?  :?

Hmm... I am not familiar with Z26 for Windows. I use Stella for Mac. For printscreen in Windows I am pretty sure you can hold down a key and take a snapshot of just the active window, or the whole screen. Which way were you trying to do it? Try the other way.

At any rate ShaggytheAtarian, I believe you when you say you beat the game. Send me a PM telling me how much of a hint you want: hard or tell you step by step how to get to it.

Cheers!

I just beat it but when I pasted the image it came out as just a black screen. Is there something else other than print screen you should use in z26?  :?

Hmm... I am not familiar with Z26 for Windows. I use Stella for Mac. For printscreen in Windows I am pretty sure you can hold down a key and take a snapshot of just the active window, or the whole screen. Which way were you trying to do it? Try the other way.

At any rate ShaggytheAtarian, I believe you when you say you beat the game. Send me a PM telling me how much of a hint you want: hard or tell you step by step how to get to it.

Cheers!

Perhaps I should download Stella as well. Every time I've tried to take screenshots in z26 they come out very strange, if at all.

Sending a PM here in a second... ;)

• 3 weeks later...