IGNORED

Would you buy my Atari 2600/7800 interfaces for your PC?

Synthead

I'm thinking of making a little business to get some cash together, but I'm wondering what you guys think first. I had the idea to construct professionally-made Atari 2600/7800 Parallel port interfaces and sell them for $10/ea or so. The interfaces would allow you to connect your Atari controllers to your PC for use as a standard joystick.

The interfaces would have a male DB9 end to them so you can plug your joystick right into the plug without modification. I would probably sell variations if it took off, like short and long wire models, multiple button support, and maaaybe two player support (two DB9 plugs for each joystick).

The interfaces would work under Linux, Windows 95/98/98SE/2K/Me/XP, and probably other OSes if you know what you're doing. I got mine to work with a 25Mhz laptop on Win95, a PIII 450 on Win98SE, and an overclocer @ 2.6 Ghz on WinXP, and I'm sure it'll work on other platforms. It will have full functionality as a standard joystick and could be used in all games and emulators (with the limitation of only DirectX joystick support in Windows 95).

I have 10 years of expertise in soldering and I guarantee quality craftsmanship, which will be backed by a warranty.

Would you be interested in something like this? If you are, please post and let me know! If enough people are interested, I'll buy a bunch of parts and start going at it! :)