IGNORED

USB Cart Thread

Goochman

Hmmmm - Im a bit confused - this thread is talking about running the USB drivers on a real Atari - the USBTEST.COM and other folks are run from Dos 2.5 on your Atari and has nothing to do with Windoze DOS sessions - unless Im confused?

Glad to hear APE is working - I have 2.0.9 as well

your right, i just need to keep going back and reading before i post :|

The USBTEST.COM HID Test Program will detect an Human Interface Devices attached the USB Cart. It will poll the USB Device and will print out the 8 bytes in the HID Packets when the device sends data. Any Atari Key will stop the polling. Type USB[RETURN] to start polling again, hit return to attach a new USB device. Type MON to go to DOS.

Ah,

Ok - heres the deal - The USBTEST.COM file is on the .atr disk they have posted on their site. With this you can connect your USB device to your USBCART on the Atari machine.

When you run USBTEST.COM it will spit out some info that can assist them with driver development - However they would prefer having the device you wish to have a driver built for.

Im posting my findings since I am currently working with a joystick and testing the USBJOYPD.COM driver they already wrote - clear????

I have a 128meg USB memory stick I could possibly donate

would there be any issues getting it overseas where I presume you are located?   Im in the USA

Hello Goochman,

thank you for your offer.

When I was writing the call for donations of devices, I was thinking of HID Devices (Input Devices), because USB Stick Support is far in the future.

On the Sourceforge Task List

https://sourceforge.net/pm/?group_id=111428

you can browse through the Sub-Tasks and steps to support USB Bulk Mass Storage (aka USB Flash Sticks). As you see it is a lot of work, and there will not be a driver (if we calculate the resources we have today) until summer 2005.

We will start writing a driver with the help of our Sticks (we have 3 different sticks in the team), We still hope that all USB Sticks are (protocolwise) the same, but if that is not the case we need some more sample devices.

I really appreciate your offer, but it is too much work ahead to use it now.

Best regards

Carsten