IGNORED

What games bring you back to the A8?

GrandviewCoin

1, MULE

2. Boulder Dash

3. Lords of Conquest (there's probably better examples of this genre, but it's a personal favorite)

4. Maxwell Manor

5. Miner 2049er

6. Slinky -- another weird one, it's a qbert inspired game. But it was my first game on cassette, and so it needed like 15 minutes to load, so it felt special when it was finally loaded or something, lol.

I play all kinds of stuff on mine, but games I come back to frequently these days are:

1. Star Raiders and Wilmunder's Star Raiders II

2. Blue Max

3. Donkey Kong (usually the arcade hack these days)

4. Bosconian

5. Sinistar

6. Blaster

7. Crystal Castles

8. Archon I & II

9. Bounty Bob Strikes Back

10. Necromancer

I have this wonderful job that pays back in a different way, Altirra beta tester ie like every one else but because I'm consistently throwing titles at Altirra looking to find an issue I get to play so many games (arthritis allowing) and that means I have no list as I'm always finding or refinding great fun games. Yes I have a few that always get played like Jumpman and Bruce Lee but in general I'm in to everything randomly, yes I find the awful stuff (but it still needs a test) but I still find little classics for me.

I highly recommend random playing, the gamepack and gamebase have random play options..

Edit: and the joy of doing it in a Gamepack / base is that you can mark them as faves instantly so you don't lose track of those new found treasures.

One thing I've found that isn't some amazing miracle, give the game time, I found a game the other day called Castles and Keys or near and the first screen was 'meh' and then after that it started to be a load more fun but it needed more than a 5min play to find that out.

Edited by Mclaneinc

There are games that grow on you and games that need documentation to make sense and then they become fun... Just another dumb idea of mine was to transfer the pamphlet or directions to the blank sides of disks and have it so we can just load the disks and have everything we need.... and that xep80 could be supported... send to printer or send to xep80... authenticate codes etc. sit on the xep screen while you reboot and the game loads.... now you can glance at your second screen or PIP and type in the codes or know what to do... if you don't have xep or second screen ... picture in picture etc.... just read it off the print out.. the point being if you have the disk or atrs you will always have what you need........

Edited by _The Doctor__