IGNORED

Please help - Looking for GBC/GBA games

Chickybaby

We babysit a boy who is 9 years old and have known his family for years. He's getting his first hand-held system for Christmas - a GBAsp.(lucky kid ;) ) We're looking for games which are easy to use and don't require a lot fo complex button pushing since he has trouble with patience and can sometimes lose his temper quickly.

He is classified as ADD&LD and is in special classes at school. Also he has a problem controlling his strength and with losing things so we don't want to spend a lot of money either. Really is a Great kid and we hope to find games that can help his reflexes and thought.

He does have a PS1 and is ok with that except for killing discs sometimes. He loves playing fishing games on our dreamcast too and playing shooting games. He also loves monsters, pokemon and Yugioh (or however you spell it,lol)

So far the games we have are: GBA - Monster Bass Fishing, Crash Nitro Cart, Frogger's Adventure and GBC - Donkey Kong Country.

We are also buying - Namco Museum, Pac Man Collection (both GBA) and Pokemon Silver(GBC) from a very nice, sweet and generous person here on AA.

We're watching a few auctions on Epay but would much rather buy games from people on AA. :)

Thank you guys so much for any advice or games!

I assume this is that same handicapped kid that the Mario cart in the now locked thread was for. I have a Robotech: The Macross Saga cart that I don't play any more. It's just a side scrolling shooter, so nothing too complicated there. Anyway if you want it for the kid for xmas, I'll be happy to send it your way. PM me your address and I'll try to get it in the mail in the next couple of days.

-S

I think I have a couple of spare GBA games (I think harry potter, jackie chan, and a couple others) that I'd be willing to part with.

Also, some GB color and regular GB games too, if you think he'd be interested.

Considering the whole Mario B.S,, I'd be more than happy to send them your way. If you want them, PM me your address, and I'll mail them out tomorrow.

*huggz* Much appreciated!

It's hard knowing how easy or ungodly complicated a game is w/ out playing it so that's also why I would rather buy stuff from people here. I don't care if the games have boxes and what kids normally read instructions anyway,lol, but having a label would be nice since it's a gift. Since he wants either GBC or GBA games going through them all would be impossible. Some times we get something for him and he just says no way he won't even try it. Can't be mad at the kid, but then you are stuck w/ whatever it is. - Heck for anyone who has kids you know what that's like,lol. :D

Except for having a few cognitive/motor skills problems he's just like most kids hyper, loves to run around and rough-house and likes very typically "boy" stuff. :) As much as it's nice to have free games,who wouldn't take one :wink:that's not the point. I am willing to buy the games as long as they are not expensive. It's hard to explain who they are going to and what kind of games I would need since we treat him just like anyone else and he's really that great. I also figured that some people may have games that they don't play anymore or got tired of especially if they were too easy - which would be perfect in that case. I really didn't think there was a collectors market for most GBA games, I could be wrong though, but we stick to older stuff. :)

The kid loves poke suff and yugioh its just some stuff is hard for him.

Since it's the holidays and some of you have kids a warning for anyone - that yugioh movie is horrible! His dad didn't want to go so I dumbly volunteered - half way through I had the worst migraine,lol,basically crawled out of the room and poor z28 was left sitting in there. You know it's bad when the manager of a movie theater can pick what movie you were trying to sit through w/ out you even telling and offers a free movie ticket just cause she thinks it was that bad. But of course he loved the movie!

He loves Tony Hawk for PS! When I payed I just pushed random buttons myself,lol. But that worked and it still looked impressive. :wink:

We just are looking for some more games to get him started since most stores won't let you return stuff after it's been opened. We have a few already boxed that we bought, but he'll just toss/rip/lose the boxes anyway.

... As much as it's nice to have free games,who wouldn't take one :wink:that's not the point. I am willing to buy the games as long as they are not expensive...

I hope I didn't give you the mistaken impression that I was trying to sell that game to you. Call it a Secret Santa gift from Uncle Stingray. Kids with learning disabilities have nothing but my sympathy, my heart goes out to them.

-S

He loves Tony Hawk for PS! When I payed I just pushed random buttons myself,lol.

Glad to know I'm not the only one who plays that way. :D

I'll dig through my games and see if I have anything that might be appropriate. Unfortunately my favorite genre tends to be overly complicated RPG's...

Tempest

Soembody had better send this kid a pair of pants as well, 'cause he's gonna crap his when he opens up all his presents!  

How exciting! GO CHRISTMAS!

LMAO, we just picked him up from school - he got an "Excellent" for the day *all proud* apparently one of the kids as throwing furniture *cringe* and he sat and was good.He "had" to go to play Sega Marine Fishing, he he. Also he was surprised that I/parents/grown ups could "hear" him/kids thinking,lol. :wink:

(He looked so serious in the car I had to ask what he was thinking about - his brain was making a lot of noise. :) )

Me an Shaun also were talking that since it looks like the kid will have quite a collection, we were thinking of saving a couple for report cards or good test scores just so he won't get overwhelmed.

Oh, if we should end up w/ a double of a game we'd give them to one of the kids charities locally.

LOL, thanks guys. In between tears and laughter at this point but I will definitely tell him about "Uncle Stingray" and "Uncle Tigger" as well as all our other nice friends "Aunts and Uncles" on AA. :D

And to think, all of this good coming from my smashed up, non-savable Mario Deluxe cart.

Awesome. :thumbsup:

LOL, thanks guys. In between tears and laughter at this point but I will definitely tell him about "Uncle Stingray" and "Uncle Tigger" as well as all our other nice friends "Aunts and Uncles" on AA. :D

And to think, all of this good coming from my smashed up, non-savable Mario Deluxe cart.

Awesome. :thumbsup:

Enough dude. :x

Every word those very kind people told you was true and I agree 100% with Albert on this one. You were incredibly rude and childish and those people happen to be my friends.

Every subsequent post from you will be deleted. :|

Nah let him, that's just fine with me. I really don't care honestly.

I hope that everything is ok in his life and that something horrible isn't causing him to act that way. *sigh* With all the nasty PMs he sent me I am completely willing to just let things go. I just hate to see a good member lose their standing over anger issues. It's time to move on with things and try to enjoy theis forum and the holidays. :sad:

You are much nicer than I would be Chicky.

Maybe you're right, maybe there is some terrible tragedy going on in his life and his decency reflex has been dulled somehow. I don't think it exuses his childish behavior. As for losing his standing, he doesn't seem to care so I don't see any reason why I should.

But you are the nice one Chickybaby.. maybe I'm your evil twin? :P