IGNORED

WANTED TO BUY: Atari 2800 Console

Shawn

They're impossible to find even here in Japan. I never ran into one yet and I have been to many 2nd hand shops. Although, getting famicom and super famicom games "not working" for 40 cents apiece is awesome... just took them home, cleaned them, and they work! I even got a boxed super scope 6 for the super famicom, complete, everything still in original plastic. The damn thing looks like it has never been used, the cart that came with it is in perfect condition. $3 :D

Why exactly do you want one, besides the coolness factor? I think alot of us want the 2800 only because it seems to be something we 'cant have'  :)

If you just want the system, and don't care if it's got a 2800 nameplate on it, then yeah, just buy a Sears Video Arcade II - the going rate on these is less than 10 bucks. Even on Ebay you can get good deals on them, because nobody other than the hardcore collectors seems to even really know what they are. I got mine for free, although one of my controllers is busted and it didn't come with a box or anything.

I'd love to have a real 2800 but no way I'm paying $400 for one when I already got the same system with a different name plate for nothing.

I've been to Japan plenty of times and never once have I seen an Atari 2800 in any second-hand store. (And this is saying something - you can find practically anything in Japanese second-hand stores, for practically no money. If it's old, they don't want it. Doesn't matter how rare it is over on this side of the water.)