IGNORED

Who still has the first systems they bought new?

Tickled_Pink

I have every system our familiy has ever owned. I have never sold anything becasue I have been into the classic systems since I 7 (1994). I never cared about getting a playstation or a sega saturn or n64... though I wish I would have got the n64 sooner. I just could never let the classics go, I just wish I would have collected games back when I was younger instead of just playing them, oh well it was great fun.

I wish I had :|

My first system was a second hand C64 with 1541. I worked all summer for it

and I spent the next years glued to it. It had 4 modified DOS's installed which

you could select with a selector on the side. Four leds on top showed which one was active (I remember Speeddos and Quickload). Pretty cool plus it really made a huge difference in diskaccess time. (esp. copying games

:D )

but then I wanted an Amiga ever since I saw it run a demo at a friend's house (paranoimia anyone ?) . It was the first time I heard sampled stereo music coming from a computer. lol I even taped it to play it for my friends " Listen to this, it's a computer !"

Since I didn't have any money at those days as a kid, I had to sell my beloved C64 as I HAD to own an Amiga. (which where pretty damn expensive)

The same happened with the Amiga and following Amiga's.

I never had any of the cool consoles when they where first introduced (2600, Vectrex, intellivision etc) since there just wasn't any money for it

back then when I was a kid. :( probably the biggest drive to start collecting them 20 years later :P

I do still have the Dreamcast I bought originally, which I still love and play. And the first gameboy but that's about it.