IGNORED

WTB: Centronics->DB25 Male Adapter or...

Mindfield

Okay. Got myself a nice Atari Portfolio setup recently, and it came with pretty much everything I need -- CIB PoFo, CIB parallel adapter, 64k memory card, stuff like that. It even came with the parallel cable used for connecting to printers or transferring data back and forth between a PC and the PoFo.

Only problem is, it's a DB25 Male to Centronics cable. So, from the research I've done on the few web sites I could goggle up that dealt with more technical aspects of the PoFo, I need one of two things:

1. A Centronics female to DB25 male adapter, or

2. A DB25 male to DB25 male "straight through" cable.

Now, I know the concept of "straight through" cables as they apply to RJ45s (straight through vs. twisted pair) so I presume a similar parallel (sorry) exists for parallel cables, too; I've never encountered it before, but that's not entirely surprising. Now, I have a DB25 male to DB25 male cable here, but it doesn't work, so I presume that either it's not a straight through cable, or possibly I have to set the printer port up differently in BIOS (EPP vs. ECP), and perhaps that's not cool with the PoFo and accompanying file transfer software). Maybe both.

Whatever the case, I really wanna get my PC and the PoFo talking, so if anyone has one or both of the above items lying around in a junk box, let me know if you wanna part with it.