IGNORED

Wanted: NAMCO PSX Paddle Controller

GrizzLee

You might be looking for a NegCon. Kind of like a normal thicker white(cream white) and it twists in the center with a couple analog buttons for gas/brake. I bought mine through Babbages back in the day and I currently have no plans on getting rid of it. Pretty neat but a little awkward to use. Then there it the one that came with Ridge Racer IV (4) (can't remember name) which kind of looks like a normal PS controller with a knob in the center and uses real force feedback. Again, neat but a little awkward to use.

Wasn't it also designed to be used with Cybersled? I always liked the arcade game, but the Playstation version blows with a standard controller. I wouldn't mind getting a Jogcon just to be able to play for more than a minute before giving up in frustration.

Nope, it isn't the Jogcon nor the R4 controller. NAMCO did release for a very brief period the RACON (sp?)... a controller that looked like a remote control controller.

I'll have to post a pic tonight if I get time.

The reason I ask, is because I have PSX Arkaonid and they show a list of supported controllers, including the NAMCO paddle. It looks as if the paddle supports a few other Jap games I have.

Thanks,

-Lee

• 2 weeks later...
Is this controller compatible with the PS2 Activision Anthology?

One can only hope. In the Arkanoid manual it shows that controllers that work with the game. A PSX controller, the PSX mouse and the Namco paddle.

I have heard that the paddle works with the NAMCO museum compilations... duh!

It would be neat if it worked with other titles as well.

Keeping my fingers crossed x

-Lee