IGNORED

Wanted: Sears picture labels

gulcjeremy

Actually, Pong Sports is one of the few on my list that I see on ebay from time to time.  The problem is, that its typically in a lot with a system and other games, and I've been hoping to avoid buying $50 worth of extra stuff just to get a single game.

speaking of which... Here's you a Sears picture label Basketball lol You can always relist the system & other bits & pieces.. :ponder:

Good luck finding a Picture Labeled "Pong Sports", Myself I gave up  

Is that one really that rare? I got mine for about $10. I need some of the rarer ones like Canyon Bomber, Basketball, Gunslinger, Dodger Cars, Superman, and of course Tank Plus. I think picture labels of Baseball, Superman, and Tank Plus are the rarest Sears games of all as I've only seen one of each.

Tempest

Is that one really that rare?  I got mine for about $10.  I need some of the rarer ones like Canyon Bomber, Basketball, Gunslinger, Dodger Cars, Superman, and of course Tank Plus.  I think picture labels of Baseball, Superman, and Tank Plus are the rarest Sears games of all as I've only seen one of each.

Tempest

If you wanna sell me one for 10 bucks I'm game. Hell I'll take 2 of them at that price. :D

Sears picture label carts aren't listed very often as single item auctions. However, they can be found fairy regularly within larger lots. The difficulty of searching through hundreds of auctions to identify those that contain Sears picture labels makes the carts seem more rare than they really are.

Due to the large number of auctions returned by a keyword search, it's very time-consuming to find Sears games that share names with common Atari carts. For example, Night Driver, Canyon Bomber, Baseball, Asteroids, and Basketball. Games with unique names like Gunslinger, Pong Sports, and Poker Plus are relatively easy to identify.

If one were willing to buy up larger lots and pick out the Sears picture labels they contain, I'm convinced that it would only take about a month to acquire all of them... except Superman.

It's mainly the hassle and expense of stripping them out of larger lots that prevents me from acquiring the last five Sears picture label carts I need. I'm still looking for Poker Plus, Race, Space Invaders, Asteroids, and Arcade Pinball... and, of course, Superman.

That exactly what I've been doing, and your right they are around if you really search, however, the same could be said for many rarity 7's & 8's. I've been at it for a few months, and I've found canyon bomber, night driver, and asteriods along with some others in large lots, but some of the picture labels just seem to be really tough.

A search for Atari 2600 Asteroids, returned over 400 results, so I can see where it would be time consuming. There was actually a Sears pic Asteroids up just a couple days ago, in a huge lot 150 carts. I see these pop up, just like the Basketball, I noticed the other day & bookmarked. They do come up for auction, the bad thing is sometimes the pictures aren't well enough to even tell which version is up, or there's no picture at all. I think most are harder to find than the rarity guide gives them credit for, but at the same time there's not so few around that you can't complete the collection with a little effort.