IGNORED

Wanted: ELECTRONIC GAMES Magazines

retrocon

I am looking to buy Electronic Games Magazine issues prior to 1985. For some reason this magazine is one of the most prized memories of my childhood and my mom threw my collection of magazines out before I moved out.

Anyway, I want to get as many as I can and I'm starting over, so I'd prefer to buy in quantity. Any complete collections out there? Otherwise, I will buy and single issues or more of decent quality. Must have cover intact and all pages, etc.

Thanks. Will pay market price as applicable. I just want them. I'm not looking to negotiate and I can afford to pay.

Also, if someone would be able to point me to a dealer that carries these I would be willing to pay for the referral.

Given how much a complete collection would weigh for shipping and that you couldn't ship them media mail, you're actually better off trying to reacquire them a few at a time over the next few years or looking for these through local pickup contacts. You can probably put up a few flyers around where you live aksing for old video game magazines and will probably get some calls. YOu can save yourself a lot of money and you'd have more control over the condition since you wouldn't be buying them sight unseen. Most people will just sell them to you at 50 cents an issue or give them to you. They also pop up on Ebay regularly. I'm about half way towards completing my collection. I've found getting a few at a time has led to me reading them cover to cover.

I have a bunch of issues of other VG mags from the same time available for sale - a few Joystik, Electronic Fun, Video Games, VG Illustrated - PM if interested. All of my extra EG mags recently went overseas to a collector there a few months ago.

I started from scratch and completed ALL of my collections recently - it can be done piece-meal if you have patience. The hardest issues to get are naturally EG #1 and 3 special issues (1983 Buyers guide and 2 Software Encyclopedias).

Of course, if you want to make me an offer I can't refuse on my entire collection of EG mags I will entertain it! They are all in excellent condition and each one is bagged and boarded. There are 41 issues of Electronic Games/Computer Entertainment that I have.