IGNORED

HSC Season 2 Week 3: Spider Fighter

Ze_ro

I'm not sure how the switches are labelled on the Atari 7800.

They're not labeled. I just needed to know if we were playing the Novice or Expert game. I can figure out the switches.

Thus the reason why I installed the LED's in my 2600 ;)

The easiest way is to put in Kaboom! If small paddles, the first switch is on A. If big paddles, B. Then put in spider fighter, if you can guide your shots, the second switch is on B. If its straight shots, then its on A.

I'm confident I can freeze the score on this game. However, I don't know if I can find a distraction free block of time this week large enough to do so. Honestly, I don't know if I've even got the patience. Just getting to the score below took me nearly 30 min.

How long does it take to on average to freeze the score on this game?

post-2851-1107322174_thumb.jpg

As the game goes on they don't come out as fast.. you have to follow it around and avoid it's fire, but that's the best strategy I've used since a kid to stay on the left side.

TIP: look at Stan's tips, not mine. :P  

I've found that it is much easier to just sit on the left hand side and shoot for the nest when it first appears.  As Stan said you can't sit there like a rock and shoot in one place.  You're going to have to move to avoid some enemy fire, but again it's best to just kill 'em when the first show up on the left side.  It's still not really that easy for me so I'm still amazed at the 900,000 scores.  Hopefully I can make over 100k, but it won't be this morning.  Going to bed. :sleep:

I'm confident I can freeze the score on this game.  However, I don't know if I can find a distraction free block of time this week large enough to do so.  Honestly, I don't know if I've even got the patience.  Just getting to the score below took me nearly 30 min.  

How long does it take to on average to freeze the score on this game?

The game doesn't freeze, it just goes, and the score stays at 900,000. It took me a good 4-5 hrs, I forgot how long, I keep losing track of time when I play on marathons like that >.<

The game doesn't freeze, it just goes, and the score stays at 900,000. It took me a good 4-5 hrs, I forgot how long, I keep losing track of time when I play on marathons like that >.<

Yes, that's what I said, "freeze the score". :)

Todd is right, this isn't a difficult game, but 4-5 hrs. to max it... :ponder: Unfortunately, I don't have that kind of time. :(

yeah, I just can't keep playing this one. I know I can do it, and I know I'd like to have a share of the top spot and all of those points, but I'm probably going to have to give this one a miss. Maybe I get some disposable time before this weekend.

Here is where I got bored this time around...

post-409-1107335449_thumb.jpg

Yes, that's what I said, "freeze the score". :)

Todd is right, this isn't a difficult game, but 4-5 hrs. to max it... :ponder: Unfortunately, I don't have that kind of time. :(

That sounds about right. It took me about 2 hours to get a little more than half way there. If it were the summer or Feb break, I would have maxed this one out already, but I don't have enough time to sit for 4 hours playing nonstop I don't know if I'd want to even if I could since we're talking about a pretty easy game.