IGNORED

Activision games at Burger King

Brian R.

I'm posting this here since these games gained their fame on the 2600.

I was in Burger King for lunch today and was surprised when I saw a banner promoting their latest kid meal item - mini handheld Activision games!

They're going to have four - Grand Prix, Tennis, Barnstroming and Kaboom. The shop I was at only had Grand Prix, and I was able to buy that for $1.

It's just a little palm-sized thing with an LCD screen, sound and two buttons - up and down. It's got an on-off switch in the back. Doesn't look like the battery is intended to be replaced. A booklet with the game says each comes in two colors. Mine is gray on top, purple on the bottom.

And, interestingly, it has a 1982 Activision copyright on the back.

Thanks for the link. I was just about to go googling to see what I'd find.

All I hope is that I can get my hands on the Kaboom one. For some reason I think it would be the most fun.

The game pace on the Grand Prix I got is naturally very slow. It is made for kids, after all. I'll pull out my real cart when I get home tonight and take it for a spin.

So you can buy them separately for a buck a piece? Man, I'm going to start eating at Burger King more!

All I can say is the girl at the counter at the store I went to let me buy one for a buck. Can't gurantee that will be the deal elsewhere. I don't even know if it will work when I go back looking for others at the same shop.

• Like 1

(Just what I need.. an excuse to eat a Whopper...  :roll: )

How big are they?

From the pics on the BK link, they look pretty big.

Here are the stats on the Whopper.. :P

All WHOPPER® sandwiches are fire-grilled to perfection and made just the way you like it.

Select One... Original WHOPPER® Sandwich Original WHOPPER® Sandwich with cheese Original DOUBLE WHOPPER® Sandwich Originial DOUBLE WHOPPER® with cheese Original WHOPPER JR.® Sandwich Original WHOPPER JR.® with cheese Chicken WHOPPER® Sandwich

Selected Item Summary

Original WHOPPER® Sandwich

Sesame Seed Bun

Beef Patty

Dill Pickles

-

-

Ketchup

-

Onions

-

< 1

Tomatoes

-

< 1

Lettuce

-

Mayonnaise

That Kaboom game looks wonderful! Pity they don't have them here.

I guess it wouldn't b very PC right now to have him throwing bombs, hence the burgers. Kinda makes the games name seem a bit meaningless though.

If anybody gets a double of Kaboom, I'd sure like to buy it off you.

Yeah, after I posted I noticed that right in the description it says "there's burgers everywhere in this delicious remake of Kaboom!"

... oh, times you need an edit button...

I guess in this day and age they couldn't have him dropping bombs anymore. :sad: Although that said, the burgers there are pretty much like bombs for your innards. :)

That Kaboom game looks wonderful!  Pity they don't have them here.

I guess it wouldn't b very PC right now to have him throwing bombs, hence the burgers.  Kinda makes the games name seem a bit meaningless though.

Shouldn't surprise anyone, but: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...ssPageName=WD1V

But it looks like US shipping only for this seller. I'm sure there will be others.

The BK I was at only had the Grand Prix game. I don't know when the others will be coming out. If I'm lucky I won't miss any and be able to get each one.

Looks like the Grand Prix one actually has four "levels," with the speed of the cars increasing each level. After the fourth level you win and the game's over. You can only take three hits, but as I said, it is a kid's toy and so is not very hard. There's four lanes, and it looks like the way it works is whenever you get into a lane, it throws a car at you.

The opening and ending "music" on it actually isn't that bad.

wow..snapped up already...

That Kaboom game looks wonderful!  Pity they don't have them here.

I guess it wouldn't b very PC right now to have him throwing bombs, hence the burgers.  Kinda makes the games name seem a bit meaningless though.

Shouldn't surprise anyone, but: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...ssPageName=WD1V

But it looks like US shipping only for this seller. I'm sure there will be others.