IGNORED

HSC Season 2 Week 4: Dragonfire

Ze_ro

That is what I am talking about! I'm not saying one emulation is worse than the others. I was just questioning why his video there were only a few fireballs being thrown out when I seem to get a crapload more!

.. and to whoever said I am on fire.. I got nervous when StanJr. beat me for the second place spot and I had to reclaim it. I'll never get first place though, unless StanJr comes in second or first again, then I'll work day and night to make try my hardest. I won't sleep. LOL! I just really like Dragonfire.

When i play this game the dragon shoots out a huge number of fireballs in a pretty constant stream across the screen - perhaps this is my excuse for my scores being rubbish compared to everyone else.

And I'll reclaim that #2 spot soon, I'm playing my butt off over here and getting closer!

The only way to get LOTS of fireballs at once is if the dragon slowly marches across the screen following a slowly moving you. When you are whipping back and forth rapidly he only gets one or two off at the most.

The fireballs seem to come out more when I move any type of diagonal movement.. ie: figure 8.

What is that played on?! When I play the dragon spits out WAAAAAY more fireballs then he was shooting at you!

Actually, no. If you get the figure eight going, you'll only see one, maybe two fireballs at a time.

The fireballs seem to come out more when I move any type of diagonal movement.. ie: figure 8.

What is that played on?! When I play the dragon spits out WAAAAAY more fireballs then he was shooting at you!

Actually, no. If you get the figure eight going, you'll only see one, maybe two fireballs at a time.

how fast are you going? Because I'm always flying and once that dragon gets rocking from one side to the other, he rarely gets off more than one shot before I force him to change direction again. Odd.

i know that it is too late to have an opnion on the HSC - but because i am one of those people that play even though i dont have a hope of winning, how about giving points according to how many people play each week - ie - if 20 people post a score, then the top score is 20 and the bottom is 1, and if only 13 people post then it should be 13 points for top....

at the moment it is always the same people winning, and they wouldnt lose out under my proposed scoring system, but at least it would give some incentive to those of us that are willing to take part but whose scores are not good enough to test the best players, and only play to beat SOMEONE on the list......

Is it the same people winning? I mean, I won a few weeks ago, but before that somebody else cleaned up with Enduro. I know I didn't win Spider Fighter, heck I don't think I even showed. Cybergoth will win Dragonfire for the first time this week. Seems more like anybody's game.

So according to your system, the winner gets more points if more people play? So if few people play in a week, the winner gets fewer points?

at the moment it is always the same people winning

Boy, you certainly wouldn't have been happy the first season then, when Todd was blowing away everyone just about every week :) I think it's actually been a lot more open in the last few weeks than it has been in quite a while, if only due to the fact that Todd isn't included in the list, and the 5th ghost has been conspicuously absent. If you're iching for more points, you could always try to beat Stan's one-life score, or try to figure out some neat tips that no one else has mentioned or something.

Plus, keep in mind that there's no real award for winning aside from some rather minor bragging rights. The whole idea is to challenge yourself and try to beat your own personal score.

--Zero