IGNORED

Lucasfilm Games Press Conference Videos

Albert

LucasFilmGames.jpgIf you're a fan of Lucasfilm Games' early and innovative games for the Atari 5200 and 8-bit computers, then we've got some treats for you! We were recently contacted by Peter Langston and David Fox, two principles in starting up Lucasfilm Games 20 years ago. Peter Langston was "Director of Games Development" and was responsible for hiring everyone who worked for the studio, and David Fox was the Game Designer / Project Leader for Rescue on Fractalus (and he even appears on the box cover). The two have created informative websites with a wealth of great information regarding Ballblazer and Rescue on Fractalus, Lucasfilm Games first two releases. Gems among this information are videos from a press conference in 1984 at Lucasfilm where Rescue on Fractalus and Ballblazer were first announced. Here are links to the relevant pages:

We enjoyed watching the press conference videos and reading through the informative material Peter and David have put online. If you've ever played Ballblazer or Rescue on Fractalus, you owe it to yourself to check out the above links. Enjoy!

I'm surprised they spoiled the Jaggi pilot at the press conference.

Yeah, I was surprised they put that in as well, and they played it up quite a bit. I'm glad I had the opportunity to have the piss scared out of me when I first played the game many years ago, back when I had no idea that damn "Jaggi Surprise" was in there. :)

..Al

Yeah, I was surprised they put that in as well, and they played it up quite a bit.  I'm glad I had the opportunity to have the piss scared out of me when I first played the game many years ago, back when I had no idea that damn "Jaggi Surprise" was in there.

That whole scene is straight off page 14 of the manual. But who reads those (or even had one?)

• 3 weeks later...
Didn't lucasarts also make Koronis Rift?

Yet another great overlooked title.

There was another one as well.... "The eidolin".

It's a shame those dont get mentioned as much.

For me, it's because of the Electronic Games issue in the summer of '84. Cover story about Lucasfilm and another about the 7800. Some dumb kids didn't know Atari was "changing" at that exact moment. I expected to see it rsn and buy it immediately.

Months of pent up demand for the 7800 and the Lucasfilm games fed off each other I feel. Koronis and Eidolon didn't have that. BTW, Eidolon was a 64K XL/XE game.

By the time they debuted video games were dead and computer games were less action oriented.

Yeah, I wish Lucasarts would consider a reissue of some of their

oldest games on a console or computer. I would love to see a

package with Ballblazer, Rescue on Fractilus, The Eidolon and

Koronis Rift on a modern console.

Probably wouldn't be any money in it, though...

--The Eidolon

Don't forget, especially flash cart owners, that images

of the ROM converted Atari 8-bit versions (sorry 5200 owners)

were available on these threads.

The Eidolon

http://www.atariage.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=41564

Koronis Rift

http://www.atariage.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=42731

I can't recall anyone wanting to produce these commercially,

guess we could as the Lucasarts people if they'd mind?

Regards,

Mark