IGNORED

Atari7800.com Launch on June 2nd

Albert

http://www.atari7800.comWe've gotten word from Atari7800.com that they are set to launch their new site on June 2nd, 2002. The site will be completely revamped, with all-new material, photographs, and exclusive products. While the site's focus will be centered around the Atari 7800, it will also feature information on the 2600, 5200, and Lynx, top-quality sales of new and fully refurbished Atari products, informative Atari history articles, Atari 7800 news, and more. Please visit Atari7800.com for more details.

[ 05-29-2002: Message edited by: Albert ]

[ 05-30-2002: Message edited by: Albert ]

Here is a quote from their site, "Offering the top-niche "Atari 7800.com ProSystem," a completly new deck built from scratch out of only the highest quality new and refurbished parts, packaged with quality accessories, our exclusive new color owner's manual, and bonus materials, all packaged and shrinkwrapped in a brand new box with full color box label. Prices for the new systems should start right around $200.00..

Anyone know ANYTHING about this? Is it going to be completely redesigned? Or, just your basic refurbished system? Interesting

I received some additional clarifiation about the Atari7800.com ProSystem that they're going to be selling:

quote:

Basically what happens is when we find a 7800 in really nice shape we buy

it... then it gets stripped down to the last screw and parted out into small

bins. We do this with several systems, throwing out all the pieces that seem

to be defective and so-forth. System shells are cleaned and detailed and

recured. At this point we have new and totally refurbished parts to work with

when assembling "new" systems. New metal name plates are put on, the mother

board gets new parts if needed, etc. This is about as close as we can get to

making a "new" system. Then we package it in a new box with full color

packaging, a new Pole Position II, accessories, and full color manual. We

also include a brand new "Atari Advantage" poster and a Pole Position II

poster as well. The systems will come in two packages, the Silver package is

the base package described above, and the Gold package also will include

KLAX, and a demo version of Pit Fighter. These systems will be available

shortly.

..Al

quote:

Originally posted by CosmicJoke:

Is it going to be completely redesigned? Or, just your basic refurbished system? Interesting

Perhaps a re-design is in the works. I found this on the website:

"Nothing official or on the record yet, but we'll drop the following hints. We're currently in the process of creating the greatest Atari 7800 ProSystem, which will now come with an added "Plus". With some help from Curt Vendel and his genious we'll be proud to merge the market of 7800 HSCs and 7800 ProSystems into one"

It sounds like maybe a 7800 console with the High Score feature built in. This should be really cool. Maybe we can hope for some 7800 homebrews that use the High Score feature.

quote:

should start right around $200.00.

This is great and all but 200 bucks for a semi-new system is a bit expensive. That last guys that had these prices on the last 7800.com site didn't succeed with it either. I thought this hobby of "classic" games is suppose to be a little bit cheaper than that. I admit I have put a pretty penny into it, but not 200 for 1 classic system! I have a couple of 7800 that are in mint condition. I too open them up and clean them through-out. Would like to know how they are getting new 7800 chips to rebuild motherboards.

quote:

Originally posted by sdrake:

This is great and all but 200 bucks for a semi-new system is a bit expensive. That last guys that had these prices on the last 7800.com site didn't succeed with it either.

Surprise! It's the same guys...

John

quote:

Originally posted by CX2K:

Surprise! It's the same guys...

John

So why does it say basically in the first sentence on their web site "It's been a long time, but we are finally about ready to launch Atari 7800.com, completely reworked, with new ownership, a new dedication, and a completely fresh take on Atari history and sales" Hmmm is this a flat out lie then? New Ownership? I would think that would mean different people.

quote:

Originally posted by sdrake:

So why does it say basically in the first sentence on their web site "It's been a long time, but we are finally about ready to launch Atari 7800.com, completely reworked, with new ownership, a new dedication, and a completely fresh take on Atari history and sales" Hmmm is this a flat out lie then? New Ownership? I would think that would mean different people.

as far as i know, this site once belonged to curt vendel, then was taken over by someone else .... then again it probably changed to the new owner now ... not sure about that ....

greetings

• 2 weeks later...

Nope...

Its was always Justin & Chucks. Wasn't my site, just parked at my domain until Justin & Chuck sorted things out with sales & shipments and such and worked out things with my regarding a deal for a batch of my 7800 carts, then they redirected it back to their webspace. Chuck moved on and now Justin is working with 2 other new guys and redid the site from the ground up.

Curt

If anybody has any specific questions regarding Atari 7800.com feel free to contact us at info@atari7800.com, or you can contact me directly at AtariSuperhero@aol.com. You can also call our 24-hr customer assitance line at 941.598.1862 and we will be glad to answer any questions you may have.

The history of Atari 7800.com may be found in our articles section, located at http://www.atari7800.com/7800magazine/

The site is currently mine. I did about 95% of the web work on it, and Ben Roberts helped out with some of the rest. Jon Dyer takes care of some of the business aspects of the operation. Joseph Rivera helps with shipping. Information on the staff can be found at www.atari7800.com/delta/staff.htm

The site was never Curt's responsibility. As he said, it was parked at the AHS for quite some time when the site was down.

Also, the whole team at Atari 7800.com is new. Except for myself, the entire Atari 7800.com staff has been brought together from the ground up. It is a totally new website and new operation.

Again, if you have any questions, feel free to contact me.

Justin

Atari 7800.com