IGNORED

HSC Season 2 Week 7: Pac-Man

Ze_ro

Sorry about that (no (*#! edit button).

Ah, you're probably better off... when I edit the HSC posts, it takes FOREVER to actually go through, and seems to slow down the rest of the forum in the process :( I try not to do too many updates, because I don't want to bugger up the forums for everyone else. So if you're ever browsing, and everything just seems to freeze up, that might be my fault. Oddly enough, previews still happen almost instantaneously...

--Zero

If you want to do an edit of your post just do what I do:

click on the quote where it saids quote in brackets chnage that to edit

and edit your post and submit it

Huh, didn't know you could do that... :!:

Thanks Ze_ro!

Anyway, my score for right now...HAH! And I thought D. Herby was hard with the keyboard? This is worse!! Oh well, I'll get it up on a tv/REAL controller in a bit...

Also, the funny thing is, due to being a part of the competition for Lock 'n Chase the other month, I keep on having flashbacks, as several times I've eaten the vitamins and expected the ghosts to stop for a second or so! :lolblue: Duh! Well, needless to say, which game I obviously like better... :D

post-3650-1109740666.jpg

5628 - im afraid you will have to take my word for it as i cant get this damn fone to email my picture!

I seem to be getting pretty good at this game, and at least i enjoy it too, which is more than can be said for some of the games lately, Dragonfire in particular!

a tip that works for me.....

The real points are in getting all the ghosts at once - make this the priority for the first couple of levels as the ghosts soon get almost too quick to catch on level 3. They are pretty easy to outwit so just hang around a corner until they gather near you and then go get them. You should then have enough time to clear out a fair number of wafers before waiting by the next powerpill.

On level 3 onwards (i presume because i have only got to level 4!) just use the powerpills to get out of trouble - you waste too much time chasing the ghosts and they can almost match your speed so its no good chasing one around when you could be getting wafers.

I was only able to score 1,149.

Here's a tip, though.

As far as I have been able to get in Pac-Man, I have been able, at the start of a new life, been able to go left, then up, then around the box that holds the legendary "ghost quartet". This can come in very handy if the power pill is available just as you are starting a new life.

Ok, my few tips. I usually don't give tips because I haven't played many games. I used to know exactly how to do the pattern to this game when I was younger. I'd clean house and flip the score. Though I didn't play on this game variation and level.

Anyway

Tip #1: Try early on to clean the dots around the ghost house. It's easier to finish the level on the outside than the inside.

Tip #2: Try to eat all 4 ghosts at once. Someone mentioned this, but it puts all of them in the house and gives you free reign of the board for a few seconds to clean up some dots.

Tip #3: Use the tunnel. I haven't seen any ghosts go through the tunnel, so if I'm getting chased continuously, I hide in the tunnel. This is good because you can lure the ghosts towards one end, zip through the tunnel, and clean up some on the other side.

Tip #4: Except for maybe the 1st two boards, ignore the multi-vitamin. 100 points is nice, but not worth dying. Referring to tip #1, the inside area is the most dangerous.

Tip #5: Watch when to eat a power pill. This refers to when you are luring ghosts to eat them. If you wait too long, even though you think you ate the power pill in time, you will die if the ghost is coming in on the other side of the power pill.

Tip #6: Try to leave 2 of the power pills for emergencies. I like to clean up the middle early, use one side to get power pills and eat 4 of the ghosts if I can, then play hide in the tunnel. The other 2 power pills I save to help clean the board instead of chasing down ghosts. If you can get a couple of ghosts too, consider it a bonus.

Hope this helps.

Phil

Here is a crude map of the ghost paths once you have eaten the power pellet. They ALWAYS act like this. The paths start assuming that the ghosts are in the boxes with or near you when you eat the pellet. (If they are not, they will fall into the pattern at the closest possible point). Basically, they are trying to get to the other side of the board, but they usually only get to the middle before the power pellet wears off.

The green "x's" are perfect places to sit and let the ghosts come to you to be gobbled up. No effort on your part, just sit and eat. If you get them to chase you right, you can get all 4 almost every time.

Flip the map patterns for when you are on the left side of the screen. :)

post-409-1109781565_thumb.jpg

Upped my score a bit: 1683.  It isn't really too bad of a game.  Music is really weird, though - gives it a whole different feel than arcade PacMan.

Bleah. I made the mistake of playing Hack'em for about an hour last night; now it really really hurts to play Atari PacMan.

Oh, and the ghosts do go through the tunnels, I've seen 'em do it a couple of times.