IGNORED

HSC Season 2 Week 7: Pac-Man

Ze_ro

Are folks not in the HSC thingy allowed to post?  I finally got some time tonight to play some of my collection and remembered this week's game. :)

3315.  Not too shabby.  I hate short power pills and running ghosts. :)

Anyone can post here, anyone can play. Welcome aboard. Its infectious! :D

Anyone can post here, anyone can play.  Welcome aboard.  Its infectious! :D

Cool. I thought there was a signup or something, but that's probably for the point system. I just wanted to try one of these as I see 'em posted...well...every week. :D

My secret weapon was realizing I was on my last life but I still had four power pellets left, so I ignored the dots and sacrificed my last life to just eat some more ghosts and get a few more points. I only got the vitamin pill once throughout the game, though.

Sheesh that game gets hard starting at the third screen...

Voch

is imposible to control with DC controller...

even though you are in the top five? :roll:

yeah... I used to play the chit outta pac-man back in the day (I had very few games growing up) I'm in the look out for a VCS I can thinker with so I can play pac-man before the end of this week :)

tip: to rack a lot of points, go for all the ghosts...

post-219-1109827275_thumb.jpg

Sheesh that game gets hard starting at the third screen...

Yeah, there's a BIG difference in between the first three screens, speed-wise.

Well, I hooked my Atari up to a tv last night to play with a decent controller--HAH! I've got a big Genesis joystick that I only use for the Genny port of Ms. Pac-Man (which I haven't used in a long-assed time), and that thing was stiff as hell! ("...stick", "stiff as hell", shut up) So I only beat my high score by a few hundred, and got up to 5,000 tonight...back to the emulator! (Oh well, I only had about half an hour's time with it last night, though.)

post-3650-1109828553.jpg

I finally found the pattern (or at least the start of one) that allows me to clear the screen without dying at the upper speeds (Maze 5 and beyond). That allowed me to play for an hour and a half tonight before I got bored and tired. So I might have been able to go a LOT longer, had I been able to stay interested, but Aimee had just made cupcakes and Letterman was about to come on, so I got distracted.

Anyway, this might be my last score for the week, unless I can find a few hours to set aside later (I'm sure kielbaca will come along with 50K and totally wreck my weekend! ;) )

post-409-1109835165_thumb.jpg

oh, and something really weird happened about 12 mazes in, all FOUR ghosts got stuck in the tunnel right at the start of the maze. they remained stuck there for the entire maze, until I ate a power pellet and entered the tunnel to eat them. I only ate two, and then all FOUR burst out of the center ghost house at once! It was nutty. Never happened again. Weird.

post-409-1109835543_thumb.jpg

I finally found the pattern (or at least the start of one) that allows me to clear the screen without dying at the upper speeds (Maze 5 and beyond).  That allowed me to play for an hour and a half tonight before I got bored and tired.  So I might have been able to go a LOT longer, had I been able to stay interested, but Aimee had just made cupcakes and Letterman was about to come on, so I got distracted.

Anyway, this might be my last score for the week, unless I can find a few hours to set aside later (I'm sure kielbaca will come along with 50K and totally wreck my weekend! ;) )

:mad: :mad:

Well you just blew my weekend ;)

I finally found the pattern (or at least the start of one) that allows me to clear the screen without dying at the upper speeds (Maze 5 and beyond).  That allowed me to play for an hour and a half tonight before I got bored and tired.  So I might have been able to go a LOT longer, had I been able to stay interested, but Aimee had just made cupcakes and Letterman was about to come on, so I got distracted.

:mad: :mad:

Well you just blew my weekend ;)

Well maybe just tonight.

Oh, that glitch happened to me as well, just once, but very late in the game.

I tried to get 50k exactly, but I ate a ghost and pushed me over by 5 points, so I did something fairly even ;)

post-4191-1109858544_thumb.jpg

post-4191-1109858545_thumb.jpg

Well, I feel so inadeqate posting this after Stan & Keilbaca's mighty scores, but 4181 for me so far.

For once I actually played on real hardware, so no piccy. Well, actually I did take a pic, but since the crappy VIA chipset in my laptop won't actually allow a digital camera to upload its photos, the picture is pretty much stuck on the camera for now.

i figure this is onwe game where learning the patterns can make a hell of a diffference - unfortunately every time i try to play like that i get really bad scores!!

im bettter off just going for mid-table i think :D

atari, letterman, cupcakes and a beautiful wife... sounds like as perfect a life as one could wish for :D

Well, since keilbaca did JUST WHAT I SAID HE WOULD :x :x :x :x I guess my weekend is shot (and I have a paper to write for class, dammit!).

Here is the pattern I am working on, its not complete and at the "O" point you have to start improvising, but it works for all the mazes once the ghosts get to the max speed (maze 5 and up) pretty well. The "X" points are places you pause to let the ghosts catch up to you.

Nice to see I'm not the only one who got the ghosts all stuck. kielbaca, do you remember what you did to cause that to happen?

post-409-1109900597_thumb.jpg

oh, and something really weird happened about 12 mazes in, all FOUR ghosts got stuck in the tunnel right at the start of the maze.  they remained stuck there for the entire maze, until I ate a power pellet and entered the tunnel to eat them.  I only ate two, and then all FOUR burst out of the center ghost house at once!  It was nutty.  Never happened again.  Weird.

that happened to me too but it was only on the first maze

i still died cause im an idiot

Well, since keilbaca did JUST WHAT I SAID HE WOULD :x  :x  :x  :x  I guess my weekend is shot (and I have a paper to write for class, dammit!).

Here is the pattern I am working on, its not complete and at the "O" point you have to start improvising, but it works for all the mazes once the ghosts get to the max speed (maze 5 and up) pretty well.  The "X" points are places you pause to let the ghosts catch up to you.

Nice to see I'm not the only one who got the ghosts all stuck.  kielbaca, do you remember what you did to cause that to happen?

I didn't do anything, they just went straight for the maze, and just did that. Really weird. Anyways, I got 50k just for you, I tried to get it exactly... damn ghost.

Just a quick score update - 5757

(singing) "In the year 5757..."

(sorry :D)

Weird: I had a bunch of awful games in a row that I kept on restarting since I kept on dying pretty quickly (first maze). Then it was like all the Crap Games Syndrome got out of my system' date=' as I beat my high score by several hundred, and then a few minutes later, I had a game that beat [i']that[/i] by several more hundred!

Oh yeah, in regards to the ghosts in the escape tunnel bit, I vaguely remember seeing that once too, years and years ago. Odd stuff! (Don't recall doing anything to make it happen, though.)

post-3650-1109913893.jpg