IGNORED

Sio2SD

Heaven/TQA

No idea ? it's the same..

It's the same!!!!!! PCB2 have only 2 diffrents :

a) 1 Diode BAT85 (it's required if you want use sio2sd with Disk Drive and sio2pc cable) in board v1 this diode You must put in sio connector.

b) and diffrent voltage stabilizer 3.3V

On board v1 I use voltage stabilizer with very good precision like this ->

http://maritex.com.pl/_upload/pdfs/semi/LF33CV.pdf

PCB v2 don't have amy new function!!!!!!

I put diode to 3 pin Atari SIO -> cathode to SIO2SD (black ring on Diode)

-- but it's very difficult to use SIO2SD and SIO2PC with just one port sio ?

some disk drive for Atari have 2 SIO like ldw2000 !!!

--- PS : you don't buy PCB 2 ?

I made PCB v2 but in future - now I have a lot of pcb v1

• 2 weeks later...

I put a 14,31818 MHz Quartz on my SIO2SD and got the new Firmware flashed using that cable (Thanks Mega-Hz).

Now it runs reliably with a speedbyte setting $05 (74k6). Setting $04 (81k3) doensn't work stable. Using QMEG OS 4.04

setting $05 isn't accepted as high speed and runs with stock 19k2. Setting $06 lets QMEG 4.04 run highspeed at 68k8.

At this point, 74k5 are only achieved using the "Speeder plus OS" my brother-in-law wrote back in the days.

Although this is somewhat better than the SIO2SD's original $0A (52k6) i am a bit disappointed because Mega-Hz's XL runs

with up to 89k5. What can i do to improve stability of the data transfer?

Here is what i tried wthout luck so far;

- disconnected the internal SIO2PC

- wired the cables to SIO port with 7 wires: ground / data in / ground / command /ground / data out / ground

- connected the Interface's Power directly from the XL mainboard instead from SIO port, adding a 100uF cap for filtering

I might try another pokey, temporarily disconnecting my Stereo upgrade (2 piggybacked Pokeys).

Also i got a patched stock XL OS, wich has some upgraded SIO code (patch from Hias?). Sadly it doesn't run on my XL,

but goes directly to self-test, where it tests the BASIC bad (wrong BASIC version?).

Any ideas what else i can do?

Beetle

Edited by Beetle

Update:

i tried 3 single pokeys, one made by Synertek (sp?), one from OKI and one from AMI.

all with same result: $05 works, $04 does not. Booting a disk with $04 results in some sectors

transferred in Highspeed, some in lowspeed and stopping loading after about 10-20 sectors.

Since the Command line of the SIO port is driven by PIA and not ANTIC, i tested with 2 other PIA 6520, too.

Sadly, no difference.

Try to remove the 1nF caps from SIO pins to ground (C77 and C78 in 800XL)?

BTW: Keep in mind that the "Copy 2000" used in the Atarimax demo uses a very simple screen (i.e. almost no cycle-stealing by the ANTIC) and maybe also disabled the VBI (don't know that for sure). The standard Graphics 0 screen plus enabled (immediate-) VBI is quite of a worst case scenario wrt "stolen" CPU-cycles.

so long,

Hias

OK, very good hardware and developper.

When programmed Atmel, is the voltage taken on that of the ATARI when it is form on the SIO and Atari in ON position?

@Beetle : Your assemblies are terrible. Cheer.

@Pigula : If I use SIO2SD (pcb1) with Atari 1050 (K7), I must put Diode 1N4148 ?

Edited by bluemax2007

What is the status of this device? Strictly DIY project-in-progress? Or some plans for PCB, partial or full "kit," or finished product sales? Have any European or US folks inquired about making/selling these? Or is it still mostly experimental? This looks to me like a very viable alternative to the ABBUC device, and I can really see a nice backlighted version installed in an 800XL/1200XL (as IIRC, Beetle has already done).

-Larry

Hello Larry

Mega-Hz has produced a small production run. I'm not sure if he still has any left. The only things you have to add are the SIO-cable, the display and the switches. I sent Mega-Hz a translation of the text on his german site, but for some reason, I can't find his URL anymore to check if he already put the English text on his site. But I'll probably see mega-hz next weekend at the Fujiama 2007 (he's gonna upgrade my SIO2SD PCB and I hope to get my tower (all SCSI stuff, no motherboard) to work). I hope I'll remember to talk with him about making his stuff available to non-german speaking individuals.

Greetings

Mathy

OK, very good hardware and developper.

When programmed Atmel, is the voltage taken on that of the ATARI when it is form on the SIO and Atari in ON position?

@Beetle : Your assemblies are terrible. Cheer.

@Pigula : If I use SIO2SD (pcb1) with Atari 1050 (K7), I must put Diode 1N4148 ?

I don't have 1050 disc drive for little Atari only Toms 720, SN360 and CA2001).

I have problems with use sio2ide and sio2sd with sio2pc cable and CA2001 so I put one Diode 1N4148 to sio2ide, 1 to sio2sd and 1 to sio2pc :)

What is the status of this device? Strictly DIY project-in-progress? Or some plans for PCB, partial or full "kit," or finished product sales? Have any European or US folks inquired about making/selling these? Or is it still mostly experimental? This looks to me like a very viable alternative to the ABBUC device, and I can really see a nice backlighted version installed in an 800XL/1200XL (as IIRC, Beetle has already done).

-Larry

The project develops all the time, I have some pcb in version 1. In future v2 (october 07).

And I selling these interface via polish ebay (allegro.pl) in few days on ebay too

Greetzzz

Edited by Pigula