IGNORED

Which games do you own, and which ones own you?

ignernt

And no, I don't mean which games do you possess, but rather which ones are you actually good at. As time's gone on and I ended up with a NES for a while and ended up playing my cousin's X-Box and other systems, I'd think back to my 5200 and how good I was at those games. Well, it was all an illusion apparently, because I have come to the realization that I suck at those games too. :D

I just got another dozen or so games to hold me off until I get the multi-cart, and most of them are games that I've played before (Space Invaders, Galaxian, Jungle Hunt, Frogger, Pole Position, Pengo). So now I've got a whole new batch of games to completely suck at.

So out of the games that I now own (possess):

I'm good at Pac-Man and Ms. Pac-Man, but those are the most simple games ever.

I'm good at Star Raiders, so long as I'm on Novice or Pilot mission. I get routinely own3d on Warrior and Commander missions.

I'm decent at Joust and Mario Brothers. My high scores are in the 200,000 point range.

I'm alright at Centipede, which is my all-time favorite 5200 game, especially with the Trak-Ball.

My highest score on Berzerk is less than 9000 points. And they have the nerve to taunt me by saying the score rolls over after 999,990 points. :x

Does anybody else have this problem? I can't be the only one who sucks so bad. Admit! ;)

Hmmm...the two primary games I am good at on the 5200 would be StarWars: The Arcade Game, and Rescue on Fractalus. I was playing Star Raiders for quite a bit there for a while but can't remember really be good at the game. I could win it, but I am pretty sure that was on the easiest level.

I have Dreadnaught Factor and reallly like, but I am by no means a god on it...

I'm good at star raiders, although it's been awhile. I routinely finished warrior missions a few months ago, as well as a commander mission or two. I'm good at beamrider and megamania, and I'm getting good at zone ranger. I pretty much suck at anything with 'pac man' in the title, which is kinda sad. I think learning to be good at a game involves not getting stuck in a rut and playing it the same way. Try different techniques. That's usually how I get over a slump. Except on pac-man, which I don't like well enough to try hard :)

I'm good at Pac-Man, Ms. Pac Man, Defender, and Joust. I should be, I burned enough hours on them.

The one game I'm extremely good at -- better than anyone I've ever me (I know I haven't met everyone HERE though ;) ), is Q*bert. Man, I get up to level 6 with the double-speed and just enter a neural link with the game. I can't remember but I'm pretty sure I've gotten up to level 10 (it's been a while). Yes, I do it with those oft maligned sticks, which just so happen to offer TRUE DIAGONALS and pin-point accuracy due to the need to press the button in to activate the move.

I was never very good at Fractalus though. And Star Raiders, I'm not very good at that. Love to play them though. I suck at James Bond (how apt). I'm not very good at Miner 2049'er either -- I have NEVER beaten the 10 levels in a row.

The games I seem to be best at are Frogger, Frogger II, Pac-man, Qix and Popeye. The games I always seem to crap out on are Rescue on Fractalus and Quest For Quintana Roo. I haven't been able to figure out how to play QFQR. Any advice on that one would be greatly appreciated.

My brother and I are very good at 5200 Football, but that doesn't seem to impress people. I wrote an online tutorial on the game about ten years ago. I'm guessing it was probably one of the least popular pages on the Classic Video Games website!

We're also very good at the "Progressive" mode of Super Breakout: My brother has had scores of over 6,000 (using the extra ball mode). I think his highest score was over 8,000. I believe I've reached the 5,000 mark a few times.

I'm pretty terrible at Missle Command, Centipede and Kaboom.

I can totally destroy the computer tank in one-player mode on Combat II Advanced! ;)