IGNORED

what is your #1 most wanted atari 2600 item right now!

Rick Weis

I wanted to complete Atari in that I have a boxed copy of each title released. I have some variations, and yes most of the red releases (thanks to a mate on the other side of the puddle). For me, Atari complete might be different than some others. To me it means a boxed copy of each game they made. Not all the rereleases and variations, although that is next...

Cassidy

My second most wanted thing is to see a picture of one of these mobiles opened, hung, in action. I asked about this a while ago and no one seemed to have opened one. Post pic PLEASE!

i can handle your 2nd most wanted item! :wink: but just give me a week or so... i'll try to do it this week...

Rick

I actually would love to have a boxed Track and Field with controller :)

You better set aside about $500 for that one.There seems to be a lot of T&F Controllers on ebay,but only saw one complete package in two years,and it went for about $425 if I remember correctly.

Also wanted to add that I've been on the look out for Hozer Vidio releases(in fact, I've got a whole thread about it in the rarity guide forum).<and I'm too lazy to put a link to it>

In my case, it is definitely a new Atari 2600 console based upon the projects that reduce the entire console into a single ship. I have been following this story for months and I can't wait until they finish them.

I refer to this in plural because it seems that different companies are trying to do the same thing:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=66421

http://www.atariage.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=64949

My two major most wanted "white whales" have been a complete Swordquest Waterworld and the box for Track + Field. I still love to kick my own arse every time I remember that I had the chance to pick them up at Kay-Bee Toys in the mid-to-late 1980s for $12.95, brand new.

Over the years, I have won three different "Track + Field" auctions on eBay:

1. "Track + Field" complete, 3-4 years ago, for a little over $80. I sent my money and never received a thing.

2. "Track + Field" with controller and manual, 2.5-3.5 years ago, about $35-45. Different seller, obviously. I received the cart and controller. The seller didn't seem like a scammer and said he thought he'd sent the manual, but he was never able to find it.

3. "Track + Field" controller and manual only, last year. About $15-$20, I think. I got exactly what I paid for in that case.

I still want the box for it, very badly. Arrrrrgh.

=======

Swordquest Waterworld has also been a real beast for me. Over the years, I've had a series of auctioning mishaps with this one as well.

- In one case, I used "send seller a question" on eBay to see if she would accept a series of hefty payments for a complete Waterworld, since I wouldn't be able to shell out the enormous amount I was willing to bid all in one chunk. I told her explicitly to make sure to send her response to one of my Hotmail accounts, since I was going to be away from my regular eBay-registered address until after the auction had ended. Of course, she completely ignored that detail and only hit "reply" and sent her response to the eBay-registered address, telling me she'd gladly accept a series of payments, but I didn't see her response until after the auction, and thus someone else got it for a lot less than I would have paid her for it.

- I've sat at my keyboard waiting for a 2:00-3:00 AM auction ending, only to pass out within 10 minutes of the auction end and wake up to find someone else won the auction for a relative "steal."

- I've put an auction on my watch list and then found out that the auction was closed early because someone made a behind-the-scenes offer to the seller of about $100 less than I would have bid, and he just had to take the offer because "money talks."

Arrrrrrrrrgh.

Of course, I can't feel too badly about things, since I managed to score a complete "Quadrun" in the mid-90s from an Internet seller for $35, I bought a complete "Halloween" in the mid-80s from a mail order dealer for $16-$17, and I was one of the original people in 1983 who bought "Crazy Climber" new from the Atari Club for about $33. Whew. So, overall, I've been really fortunate.

But, I do want my two white whales. Very, very badly.

Badger 8)

I wanted to complete Atari in that I have a boxed copy of each title released.  I have some variations, and yes most of the red releases (thanks to a mate on the other side of the puddle).  For me, Atari complete might be different than some others.  To me it means a boxed copy of each game they made.  Not all the rereleases and variations, although that is next...  

Cassidy

Heh! Check your post!! :D

Put me down for one of those Crazy Climbers, too. (CIB, of course.) ;) I had the Atari Age issue announcing it back in the day, had filled out the order form, but for whatever reason, never ordered the game. (I did get Quadrun and Gravitar, though.)

My other one would be Tigervision's Threshold. This one is because I ordered Marauder instead (from the Columbia Videogame Club) and really wish I hadn't. That's what you get for buying a game because it has cool box art. :P

Of course any 8's 9's and 10's that I don't have, which is plenty but other than that:

Maybe I'm being cheap, but I have had a hell of a time getting:

- Montezuma's Revenge

- Any CommaVid title other that Room of Doom

- Escape from the Mindmaster w/box

(Okay, so I refuse to bid over $10, but still !)

In my case, it is definitely a new Atari 2600 console based upon the projects that reduce the entire console into a single ship.  I have been following this story for months and I can't wait until they finish them. 

Well, what do you have to trade :)! I can build you one, but of the 50+ games I've tested thus far, Enduro seems to be doing something silly and I have no undocumented opcodes known to be working just yet. I spent about 30 minutes last night playing Cosmic Commuter on a System X Eric Crabill gave me :)!.

Just kidding about the trade. Once I'm done with school in 2 weeks, I think you'll be happy to see a nice new website regarding this :)! I'm sorry I keep on dragging this out, but I've been ultra busy lately and only get the occasional hour or two playing, I mean, testing out games :)!