IGNORED

The 2600 Label Thread

Gamemaster_ca_2003

For a long timeI aways had that dream of what if in 1977 as Atari VCS was first release that same year they had a 10th game on that relase date and that one game was Star Wars. I love to see how and if they did made a Star Wars game with the 2600 game list so here's my take on how the game and or box labels may had look like. I know that the TEXT cart was first but I like the Picture image better^_^

post-5587-1116536742_thumb.jpg

post-5587-1116536760_thumb.jpg

post-5587-1116536771_thumb.jpg

post-5587-1116536778_thumb.jpg

Wow seem that vdub_bobby had hacked Star Ship into Star Wars with the ship turn to Tie Fighters, Star Destroyers and a X-Wing lands on the Death Star^_^

So I just finish making both label art for Star Wars in Text and Picture labels so I can make a cart for both but I dont know how if some one knows how please tell me^_^

post-5587-1116594356_thumb.jpg

post-5587-1116594367_thumb.jpg

post-5587-1116594379_thumb.jpg

post-5587-1116594388_thumb.jpg

StarWarsHack.zip

So I just finish making both label art for Star Wars in Text and Picture labels so I can make a cart for both but I dont know how if some one knows how please tell me^_^

858734[/snapback]

Do you mean how to make an actual cartridge? If that is the case, you would need to burn the file onto an EPROM, install it on a 2600 PCB (AtariAge sells these), install in your cartridge housing and apply the label. If you don't have a EPROM programmer, I can burn a ROM for you cheap. PM me if interested.

If you meant something else, you might want to explain it better :)

Corey

• 3 weeks later...
So is there like a blank 2600 label template available somewhere?

873173[/snapback]

Of course :) I created one for the 2600, 5200, 7800 labels. Please send me an IM as I am using my employers bandwidth and they are kind of large RARed up. Also requires Photoshop, PaintShop Pro, or GIMP (http://www.gimp.org).

Corey

Oh, check out http://www.8bitclassics.com/forum for the different repros I have done and for some homebrews that are in the works. Full glory, can download and print off.

The template (and labels I create) are meant for the blank labels I sell at my site.

Edited by 8bitclassics

• 4 months later...