IGNORED

will Flashback raise or lower value of collection?

People pointing out the fact that Activision's and Atari's emulation packages didn't hurt the collector's market are missing a subtle point - those game collections did not offer real hardware compatibility. It would be better to point out the C-64 and Genesis all-in-one joysticks haven't done much to affect the collectibility of those systems and games, or to say that all the new FamiClones aren't stopping old NES consoles (particularly ones that work) from skyrocketing in value.

I don't see this hurting anybody's collection. In fact, it just might bring an extra collector or two into the fold... which means even more barren shelves every time I hit the thrift stores. :sad: :D

I think, if anything, it may revitalize things a bit. If it's easily mod-able, we'll have thousands of brand new 2600 consoles, which will keep the availability of the consoles from dropping as the old ones wear out. Combine that with an active homebrew scene and I think you've got a great setup to keep interests high in the hobby, which in turn, keeps prices of existing hardware/carts up. Just my two cents.

I think, if anything, it may revitalize things a bit. If it's easily mod-able, we'll have thousands of brand new 2600 consoles, which will keep the availability of the consoles from dropping as the old ones wear out. Combine that with an active homebrew scene and  I think you've got a great setup to keep interests high in the hobby, which in turn, keeps prices of existing hardware/carts up. Just my two cents.

850057[/snapback]

AA should do a modding service! Send in your FB 2.0, we'll cut a hole and insert a cartridge slot! Its genius I tell you!

Edited by keilbaca

AA should do a modding service! Send in your FB 2.0, we'll cut a hole and insert a cartridge slot! Its genius I tell you!

850264[/snapback]

Better get your FB right away when it comes out or the only place you might be able to get one will be from here for $65 modded already :cool: I hope AA doesnt buy them up :P