IGNORED

Anyone actually have a Dreamcast DDR Setup?

Chickybaby got my Japanese DDR 2nd mix and dreamcast soft mat :ponder:

I am sticking to my PC. I have ddr 5th mix for psone, and DDRmax2, extreme, and party mix for ps2, all japanese. That last part is important and I'll tell you why. With all the songs unlocked for ddr extreme in america, there's a total of... 60 songs. Japanese extreme has for starting out... 100 songs. And, you won't hear Y.M.C.A. or Spice girls, you hear the actual songs. However, as stated, I have migrated to my PC and using an s-video output to my tv. There, I have over 1400 songs, and about 95% were done by fans. Nothing beats playing ddr, to Megaman 2 music, castlevania sotn, linkin park, system of a down, the list goes on and on...

I am using a soft pad, duct taped and stapled to a much larger, thick piece of wood.

My hardest songs I can do: Healing Vision Angelic Mix on heavy, Sakura on Heavy, Rhythm and Police on heavy, Burning Heat 3rd Option Mix on heavy.

I aint kidding either, I showed some folks here a video of me playing... I have been called a robot :ponder:

Oh, I got to 9 foot after playing for 5 months. After that (about a year and a half) I just play every once in a while to get out the kinks and to impress some people. Nothing like gathering a crowd at Six Flags!

Alright, shrunk it down convering it to wmv.

this is an 8 foot song called A, and this is the VERY next day from climbing Mt. Fuji.

This is in a japanese arcade playing on ddr extreme.

850547[/snapback]

FIRE FIRE....

:)

Awesome... thanks for sharing :)

Got the XBOX version here.

850553[/snapback]

I do too, its called Stepmania on a modded xbox with 700 songs, most from what i listed above. Actually, I'm selling the xbox, so if you want them, there ya go. Even comes with a ps2 to xbox adapter, so you can use your fav ps2 pad on stepmania. The adapter has some issues with real games though, but for emulators it works perfectly.

Hehe, you're welcome, I just hope other people like the video as well.

Edited by keilbaca

I always wanted to get the pop n music controllers too!... anyone have those?

850406[/snapback]

If you're going to get Pop'n Music, you'd be better off with the Playstation versions. The series didn't start to get really good until around 5 or 6, and the Dreamcast releases only went up to 4. And I don't know if this matters, but the series wasn't very English friendly at all until 6. And even then there's still a lot of Japanese. Don't be scared off by that, though, because the game is tremendously awesome. The PS2 version of PNM 11 will be coming out in July.

850406[/snapback]

If you're going to get Pop'n Music, you'd be better off with the Playstation versions. The series didn't start to get really good until around 5 or 6, and the Dreamcast releases only went up to 4. And I don't know if this matters, but the series wasn't very English friendly at all until 6. And even then there's still a lot of Japanese. Don't be scared off by that, though, because the game is tremendously awesome. The PS2 version of PNM 11 will be coming out in July.

850591[/snapback]

Does anyone know if Pop'n music is coming to america? or will this have to be a lik-sang order? I played pop'n music in the arcade, able to go to normal automatically with my ddr experiences, but I'd like to get better.

I'm really glad you guys liked the video. Now, keep in mind, that's only an 8 foot. I can do a couple 10's... :cool:

EDIT: I wonder if I should show off my yoyo video now... who wants to see me yoyo?

Edited by keilbaca

Thanks for everyone on the good words about Feet of Fury :)

I have a three different Feet of Fury set ups, and believe it or not the cheap soft mats are by FAR my favorite. We spent $250 on two hard mats for the release of Feet of Fury, and within a few hours of opening the packages, they were developing cracks. By the end of a day of use, both are really quite broken to the point that I don't know if I should keep them or just throw them out.

The soft pads I thought I would have a horrible time sliding around with. I have one made for a Playstation and two of those that we sold (the "Playstation Mat" conversion things from Asia) and both of those are hundreds of times better. I haven't had a problem with them not registering stuff, they have barely slid at all and they look nice. I would recommend finding those if you can. They were only $20.00 through us I believe, and I know they were even cheaper from Asia (although they made up for it with shipping ;) ).

Personally, unless you're playing Feet of Fury, I would skip the dancing games on the Dreamcast. I bought a copy of both Dance Dance Revolution games for the Dreamcast before we released Feet of Fury, and I was disappointed in both of them to the point that I really haven't played them since. You can pick up the Xbox versions for $20.00 apeice (the second one at Wal*Mart online) and they are MUCH better.

Thanks for everyone on the good words about Feet of Fury :)

I have a three different Feet of Fury set ups, and believe it or not the cheap soft mats are by FAR my favorite.  We spent $250 on two hard mats for the release of Feet of Fury, and within a few hours of opening the packages, they were developing cracks.  By the end of a day of use, both are really quite broken to the point that I don't know if I should keep them or just throw them out.

The soft pads I thought I would have a horrible time sliding around with.  I have one made for a Playstation and two of those that we sold (the "Playstation Mat" conversion things from Asia) and both of those are hundreds of times better.  I haven't had a problem with them not registering stuff, they have barely slid at all and they look nice.  I would recommend finding those if you can.  They were only $20.00 through us I believe, and I know they were even cheaper from Asia (although they made up for it with shipping ;) ).

Personally, unless you're playing Feet of Fury, I would skip the dancing games on the Dreamcast.  I bought a copy of both Dance Dance Revolution games for the Dreamcast before we released Feet of Fury, and I was disappointed in both of them to the point that I really haven't played them since.  You can pick up the Xbox versions for $20.00 apeice (the second one at Wal*Mart online) and they are MUCH better.

850613[/snapback]

Indeed. I totally agree with that, although I didn't have hard pads, I heard they cracked after only a few hrs. And as you seen in the video, that wouldn't take long lol. Thus, the soft mat duct taped and stapled to a huge piece of plywood. Works like an arcade pad for 1/8th the cost.

And yes I agree with you too on FoF. Both DC games suck in comparison to that, trust me.

850406[/snapback]

850591[/snapback]

Does anyone know if Pop'n music is coming to america? or will this have to be a lik-sang order? I played pop'n music in the arcade, able to go to normal automatically with my ddr experiences, but I'd like to get better.

I'm really glad you guys liked the video. Now, keep in mind, that's only an 8 foot. I can do a couple 10's... :cool:

EDIT: I wonder if I should show off my yoyo video now... who wants to see me yoyo?

850595[/snapback]

I do. I love watching any DDR videos. :lust:

And yes I agree with you too on FoF. Both DC games suck in comparison to that, trust me.

850619[/snapback]

I'll say this much about their quality -- I was so amazingly disappointed by them that I thought two things:

1) Why in the world would anyone want to play a game like this?

2) Why in the world is the game so popular?

Luckily, I found an arcade game shortly thereafter and then I understood why they were so popular.

850619[/snapback]

I'll say this much about their quality -- I was so amazingly disappointed by them that I thought two things:

1) Why in the world would anyone want to play a game like this?

2) Why in the world is the game so popular?

Luckily, I found an arcade game shortly thereafter and then I understood why they were so popular.

850623[/snapback]

Precisely. As I mentioned earlier, there's a reason why its more popular in japan. DDR Extreme Japan: over 100 songs, unlocked. DDR Extreme USA: Just under 70, fully unlocked, with songs like Y.M.C.A. :roll: While the japanese version has ALL the songs from the arcade :lust:

is FOF a must have for dreamcast owners ?  i plan on having a party this summer at my house and i wonder if that would be a good thing to have around at that time ?

850621[/snapback]

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It totally owns any of the ddr versions for DC.

That is until they port stepmania....

then I'll share a image with lots of fan made songs :lust:

Until then, yes, get FoF. It is the r0x0rs ;)