IGNORED

Flashback on Sale

It's $14.44 at Target, and you can get a new one for $16.00 shipped from the zShops in Amazon.  I got one for that price, though I know and hate it.  I'm not too bright.

:dunce:  :grin:

865012[/snapback]

damn at the target website it says 16.88, for less then 20 bucks, I might get one

for I dont even know why!! I hate the whole idea of it, but it is soooo cheap!!!

Are any of the translated games any good on the Flashback 1?

It's $14.44 at Target, and you can get a new one for $16.00 shipped from the zShops in Amazon.  I got one for that price, though I know and hate it.  I'm not too bright.

:dunce:  :grin:

865012[/snapback]

damn at the target website it says 16.88, for less then 20 bucks, I might get one

for I dont even know why!! I hate the whole idea of it, but it is soooo cheap!!!

Are any of the translated games any good on the Flashback 1?

865154[/snapback]

The Amazon/ Target price is $14.44, but Target direct is $16.88, weird.

There are tons of other reviews of this thing on the AtariAge board, just do a quick search. The 7800 games, with the possible exception of Planet Smashers, are pretty much ruined. Some of the 2600 games, especially those that were originally controlled by a joystick instead of a paddle are OK, but with changed sound effects. Adventure, Gravitar, Solaris, and Yar's Revenge are all playable. There are plenty more details here: http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=60516

• 2 weeks later...
Just for you to have fun...Flashback 1.0 just arrived on Brazil for...eh...$70 :oO

OMG! Someone want to trade a 1.0 with me for some brazilian hardware?!? :oP

872479[/snapback]

I would be willing. :D I could never believe how much game consoles cost down there. My jaw dropped when I saw the Dreamcast going for R$789. :sad:

Just for you to have fun...Flashback 1.0 just arrived on Brazil for...eh...$70 :oO

OMG! Someone want to trade a 1.0 with me for some brazilian hardware?!? :oP

872479[/snapback]

I would be willing. :D I could never believe how much game consoles cost down there. My jaw dropped when I saw the Dreamcast going for R$789. :sad:

872814[/snapback]

That doesn't sound so bad --- 789.00 Brazil Reais = 322.567 United States Dollars. I paid $300 for my Japanese Dreamcast almost a year before it launched in the USA and felt it was worth every penny, especially since you couldn't get it any other way. The DC was US$199 in the USA, but the import taxes are probably killer.

I saw the Nintendo DS selling for the equivalent of US$400 in an Israeli shopping mall this spring. Sheesh! Reminds me of the old days when the Atari 5200 or Colecovision cost $199, and look what it could do!

I just called Best Buy Over in Amherst NY. The gentleman, who was extremely friendly btw, scanned the Flashback for me and it came up as 19.99, So your milage may vary. Might be location specific or store specific?

I don't see any point in buying something that I know I will hate and never use.

I picked up 2 for $15.00 (Wal-Mart dropped the price again!)

I plan on giving them away as Xmas presents this year.

I know a couple people they would be perfect for.