IGNORED

HSC Season 2 Week 20: Dark Cavern

Ze_ro

Move me up to 173,000.

And regarding the enemy sprites - I was staring at this game for a long, long time, trying to figure out how they could have two enemies, a blob, and me all on the same vertical line. Well, the blob/spider are made with the missile, but how did they get two robots + me on the same line?

Then it hit me: The robot shape can be easily drawn with the missile!

Protagonist=player

Blob/spider/ammo=protagonist's missile

Robot=player

Other robot=robot's missile

Bullets=ball

So I really doubt you saw 3 robots + yourself on the same scanline! This game is really well coded - 10 independent objects on the screen at once with no flicker!

I just died at 225'000 with 50 bullets left. At that point I screamed Noooooooooooooo!!!

Don't you just hate that when you die exactly at your high score or right before it.

868363[/snapback]

yeah i do it all the time

Hi there!

the difficulty resets at 400k.

868422[/snapback]

Uihjah! :-o

Guess I'm close to roll it then :lolblue:

I just reached 316.000!

BTW: Another tip from me: The extra ammo will stay a bit longer on the screen when you score some kills on your way! ;)

Greetings,

Manuel

Hi there!

the difficulty resets at 400k.

868422[/snapback]

Uihjah! :-o

Guess I'm close to roll it then :lolblue:

I just reached 316.000!

BTW: Another tip from me: The extra ammo will stay a bit longer on the screen when you score some kills on your way! ;)

Greetings,

Manuel

868433[/snapback]

Good luck, I'm done with this title. Got some work to do, I'm behind in my video game video that I'm doin.

Greetings,

Manuel

868433[/snapback]

I think that is also somehow tied to the sound effect of the gun blinking.

Grrr, gettin' frustrating, I had several games close to my high, but couldn't QUITE beat it :x Oh well, another tip:

*The robots change colors, indicating their point value; the order is purple, orange, green, and then yellow. Early on in the game, as long as you don't put yourself in too much danger, chase after the robots and gun them down as soon as possible for maximum points; hitting anything over the color purple is going to score more than the purple base amount (1000).

Grrr, gettin' frustrating, I had several games close to my high, but couldn't QUITE beat it :x Oh well, another tip:

*The robots change colors, indicating their point value; the order is purple, orange, green, and then yellow.  Early on in the game, as long as you don't put yourself in too much danger, chase after the robots and gun them down as soon as possible for maximum points; hitting anything over the color purple is going to score more than the purple base amount (1000).

868780[/snapback]

Thats an interesting strategy. Another one would be to go slowly at the begining of the game to max out your bullets. Chasing for bullets later on will get you killed.