IGNORED

5200 frustration!

spidergirl516

I have a 4-port 5200 that I'm dying to play but I can't seem to get it to work. I have a new switchbox that clicks when I power it on and I've tried several different games and all I get is snow, no sound but the screen flickers. I've tried it with a second 4-port that also should be working and a second switch box, same result. Any ideas?

Are you sure you're on the correct channel?

You hear the click every time you turn on/off?

And it does light up the led on the Atari right?

I'd make sure you have the channel to 3/4 whichever it needs, and try it one more time. If it's lighting up on the Atari, then the power most likely is working, but it may be possible something in the RF is bad, and no picture is coming out it. It's completely possible both of your RFs are bad. They break rather easily. :|

I have a 4-port 5200 that I'm dying to play but I can't seem to get it to work.  I have a new switchbox that clicks when I power it on and I've tried several different games and all I get is snow, no sound but the screen flickers.  I've tried it with a second 4-port that also should be working and a second switch box, same result.  Any ideas?

865978[/snapback]

Hmm, not to kill your possible expectations to have a pleasant result but, I had an Atari 2600 that had the same symptoms that your having with your 5200. It would work, but after awhile it just gave up. I've seen different discussions on the 2600 and it's 'root' processor/cpu and when that goes out, all you get is a flicker of sorts on the screen. Then again, it is a 5200 you're specifically talking about. :)