IGNORED

JagFest UK 2005

Stephen Moss

I'll be there.

902168[/snapback]

Rochester , Kent United Kingdom is a small distance from Missouri, USA. Your best bet woudl be a flight from Atlanta (nearest air hub?) to Gatwick...

It would be real nice to see y'all :twisted:

Nick

902227[/snapback]

it'll be interesting seeing some jaggie friends from the US and any goodies they can bring with them

Both go to Rochester...

Train Station is within walking distance of event (albeit up a hill)

We are planning food for lunch on Saturday which folks will be asked to contribute too....  and day entrance cheap of course...

The way it reads above (well to me anyway) is that lunch will be provided for all, as you can appreciate it is difficult to cater for people when you are unsure of the exact numbers attending as not everyone who attends lets us know in advance.

For that reason food will only be provided only for those kind souls staying the weekend

a) because they are providing the items on show and can't really desert the place to find lunch and

b) because we know how many we are catering for

You could byo or walk into town with those collecting our order at about 12:50 who can show you where you can grab something to eat.

Both go to Rochester...

Train Station is within walking distance of event (albeit up a hill)

We are planning food for lunch on Saturday which folks will be asked to contribute too....  and day entrance cheap of course...

The way it reads above (well to me anyway) is that lunch will be provided for all, as you can appreciate it is difficult to cater for people when you are unsure of the exact numbers attending as not everyone who attends lets us know in advance.

For that reason food will only be provided only for those kind souls staying the weekend

a) because they are providing the items on show and can't really desert the place to find lunch and

b) because we know how many we are catering for

You could byo or walk into town with those collecting our order at about 12:50 who can show you where you can grab something to eat.

903115[/snapback]

errr your absolutley right Stephen... lunch is provided on Saturday for Weekend pass folk.... anyone who want to join in can contribute to the lunch fund or follow us when we go to get it..

Nick

• 1 month later...

Hello,

This years JagFest UK will be held on the 22nd and 23rd of October at the Medway Manor Hotel, Rochester, Kent, England.
Any updates on this?

I'm actually going to arrive back in the UK (at Port of Tyne) on the 22nd October...

but with diesel prices so high, I think a trek to the fest is out. Anybody from the

north of England fancy attending a parallel fest, near Scotch Corner (A1/A66)???

Cheers,

JustClaws.

Hello Nick,

and you should come on down, get some games/beer/meet old friends  etc...
OK, I've checked, but I'm going to enjoy for my first day in England since July.

It's 271.8 miles, 437.4 km, each way, so I think it's a no-go with fuel prices...

My MPV does about 20 MPG, and at approximately £4.50 a gallon for diesel,

that's about £122 just for the fuel, so I think I'll stay at home and spend it

on something better than a few hours on the road... maybe we can get a

webcam setup at the UK-Jagfest this time, and we can all virtually visit it?

How about it, a webcam enabled Jagfest? I'd sponsor a chatroom maybe?

Cheers,

JustClaws.

Hi all,

Just a quick notice about the JagFEst 2005 Oct 22/23 ... and whats happening.

We will have Atari's of all type ST, STE, TT and Falcon along Falcon CT60's courtesy of the MyAtari crew. But for those who want a little networking we have a real treat, as long as they arrive in time, Jan Thomas with CT60 Falcon with Ethernat Prototype. Falcon030 with CTLink prototype (if ready on time). TT030 to demo CTLink with TT2F030 expansion card (if ready on time).

Check out the website on www.janthomas.org.uk

We will of course have Jaguars, Lynxs, Atari 8Bit, Commodore Scene, plus 3DO and Sony PSP... and if I have time a fully loaded MAME emulation PC.

SgM Electrosoft will be officially releasing the Jaguar Multi-Tap adaptor, basically for anyone not familiar with this device think of it as a user controlled Team Tap that offers you multi-player/controller gaming from a single Jaguar controller port.

Of course there will be competitions and a the time honoured Raffle, buy and sell, also a bar and food....

So if you want to come along and show off your collection let me know so I can add you to the attendance page.. or if you just want to play and check out whats available then just turn up on the Saturday.

So check out http://www.jagfest.org/uk/ for the JagFest website or http://www.1632systems.co.uk/ for the main 16/32 Website.... The webshop can be found on http://www.1632-sales.zenwebhosting.com/acatalog/

Nick Harlow

Hello Nick,
and you should come on down, get some games/beer/meet old friends  etc...
OK, I've checked, but I'm going to enjoy for my first day in England since July.

It's 271.8 miles, 437.4 km, each way, so I think it's a no-go with fuel prices...

My MPV does about 20 MPG, and at approximately £4.50 a gallon for diesel,

that's about £122 just for the fuel, so I think I'll stay at home and spend it

on something better than a few hours on the road... maybe we can get a

webcam setup at the UK-Jagfest this time, and we can all virtually visit it?

How about it, a webcam enabled Jagfest? I'd sponsor a chatroom maybe?

Cheers,

JustClaws.

929949[/snapback]

i will look into the webcam idea.... maybe a link to a phone or mobile/wireless....

i will try and check it out

Hello,

This years JagFest UK will be held on the 22nd and 23rd of October at the Medway Manor Hotel, Rochester, Kent, England.
Any updates on this?

I'm actually going to arrive back in the UK (at Port of Tyne) on the 22nd October...

but with diesel prices so high, I think a trek to the fest is out. Anybody from the

north of England fancy attending a parallel fest, near Scotch Corner (A1/A66)???

Cheers,

JustClaws.

929432[/snapback]

Would that be the famous scotch corner (knightsbridge, london)

Edited by carmel_andrews

I've never heard of one in London, but most people who've travelled north

know Scotch Corner. It's only a junction, with a hotel on it, but of critical roads.

It's near Darlington, about half way between Newcastle and York, near Teesside

and the A66 is the connection to the west of England across the Pennines. As a

meeting point, it's great, and perhaps a suitable venue nearby could be found.

Cheers,

JustClaws.

Cheers,

JustClaws.

929432[/snapback]

Have you looked to see if you can find a cheap return flight from Newcastle to London?

I've never heard of one in London, but most people who've travelled north

know Scotch Corner. It's only a junction, with a hotel on it, but of critical roads.

It's near Darlington, about half way between Newcastle and York, near Teesside

and the A66 is the connection to the west of England across the Pennines. As a

meeting point, it's great, and perhaps a suitable venue nearby could be found.

Cheers,

JustClaws.

930531[/snapback]

The London one, is at the corner of Knightsbridge and Brompton Road, it's like a fork junction with traffic going onwards to either cromwell road (A4) if your going brompton road (LHS), or Kensington gore, high street kensington, if your going knightsbridge (RHS), if traffic jams exist in this part of london, it usually happens around about here