IGNORED

Where Did you go from Atari 2600???

brianwolters

1980- 2600

1998- N64

2004- got those out to play with my son. started collecting games for them.....

2005 to now Genesis, Nes, 7800, Vectrex, 5200, PS2, SNES, Colecovision, O2, Dreamcast, Saturn, G Cube, Itellivision, Wii, PS original, 3DO, X Box, Master system, TG16, Astrocade, XBox 360, and more in that rough order.

1995 to now : one very patient, tolerant wife and 5 more kids to help me play all that crap!

After VCS I got a XE and 7800, soon after I got a second hand Colecovision/Adam setup for like 50 bucks. Then came a Amiga 500 and a NES. NES wasn't played much, games were expensive, and I had the pleasure of 16 bit gaming with the Amiga. NES games looked very dated when compared to Amiga gaming. Soon after a Genesis joined the collection, then PC.

Edited by high voltage

My first console that was actually mine was my 2600. Then I started collecting for other systems too. I think the order of consoles I got goes like this:

Atari 2600

Sega Genesis

NES

SNES

Intellivision

Atari 400 (Later traded for an Atari 7800)

Atari 7800

ColecoVision

Sega Dreamcast

Sega Master System

Atari 5200

Magnavox Odyessy 2

Panasonic 3DO

Sega Saturn

and most recently, my Atari 1040STfm.

That's a pretty cool sequence to collect machines in.

N64 (2000) > Ps1 (2003) > Gameboy (2004) Gone > Xbox (2007) Gone > Gamecube (2010) Gone > Atari 2600 (Woodgrain (2011), Vader (2014), Jr (2013)) > Nes (2014)

Kind of Started backwards, but only being 17 it's understandable.

No prob. As a child of the 80s, I started with the system all my friends grew up with (NES) and worked my way up. Then I made a quantum leap backwards to Atari! :lolblue:

Im glad I got into Atari its great at this moment Im actually trying to fiddle with the color and tint and whatnot on my 87 zenith tv anyone have anysuggestions as to get the color perfect?

There should be a trim pot for color adjustment somewhere inside the console. I've never messed with mine though.

Problem is if you mess with the tint controls on your TV, all of your other game consoles (and TV) will look off.

My mom's bedroom CRT TV I adjusted a bit to get that arcade look and feel to it with ghost trails and all. Sharpness and contrast to the max, color (saturation), tint, and black level neutral. Previously, the black level was too high and the black pixels appeared dark dark grey. I find most retro game consoles already have strong color saturation so dialing it up beyond default will only hurt whatever subtleties exist in the image.

Then my mom complained that her TV set was too bright for nighttime viewing, so I bumped the contrast back to 3/4. It killed the trails effect a little. Since then I've nudged the contrast back up to max and she hasn't noticed.

My Best AV 7800 looks amazing on it, like I'm staring at an old school arcade monitor.

Edited by stardust4ever

~1977 - 2600 (Sears Video Arcade)

~1981 - 2600

~1985 - NES

~1986 - Master System

~1986- 7800, 2600

~1986 - PC games (primarly Infocom)

~1989 - GameBoy

~1991 - Super NES

~1994 - DOOM!
~2002 - Half Life (Day of Defeat)

~2010 - WII

~2014 - XBOX 360
- MAME
- PS2

- PSP (with 2600 Emulator!)

- 2600 (Junior >4 Switch > S-Video Mod 6 Switch)

What a long strange trip it's been. 37 years and I'm back to where I started! :-D

All the old consoles (pre-2000, except for the original 2600 which was returned to Sears) were passed on to relatives and the only real reason I keep the WII is because it's great for emulating NES and Super NES games.

What's funny is that the 2600 keeps coming back. Guess our first love is always the greatest! :thumbsup:

Edited by lingyi