IGNORED

Is there standard HD init&format software?

The situation: I have a 20MB Seagate MFM HD with a BMS-100 (berkley microsystems) interface board which includes a sandwiched Adaptec ACB-4000 controller. It came with it's own initilization and formating software which I used to get everything up and running in the first place (this was a kit, the HD did not come with it, but it's compatible). Anyway, I had erased the HD to re-format it, and at that time, I went ahead and installed TOS 1.4 (or 1.04, whatever it is), and upgrade from 1.0. The software does not want to work properly since I did the upgrade (I'm aware of the automatic HD boot in 1.4). I'm hoping that the the software is only compatible with 1.0 TOS, since it is pretty old , or, if the disk has gone bad then I need replacement software. I'm hoping it's not a problem with the HD or interface/controller. So, if there is any standard HD fromatting software that should work with my set-up available, I'd like to try out another software solution. I'm hoping it all does standard format and my interface/controller will work with some other software?

• 1 month later...