IGNORED

Compiling lists of Atari, Corp. (re-release) label variants

Christophero Sly

I just attached an updated gray label list to the first post in this thread. I've added a new column to the list in order to track which variants I have scans for.

X = I have a quality scan.

x = I have a low quality photo.

AG = Scan available at Atariguide.com

If you can provide a scan for any variant without a mark or marked "x" or "AG", I would appreciate it.

Edited by Christophero Sly

I just attached an updated gray label list to the first post in this thread. I've added a new column to the list in order to track which variants I have scans for.

If can provide a scan for any variant without a mark or marked "x" or "AG", I would appreciate it.

You can find scans of PAL

Crystal Castles,

Galaxian,

Football RS Soccer,

Jungle Hunt,

Mario Bros,

Moon Patrol,

RS Tennis,

RS Volleyball,

Stargate and

Vanguard

on my site.

If can provide a scan for any variant without a mark or marked "x" or "AG", I would appreciate it.

You can find scans of PAL

Crystal Castles,

Galaxian,

Football RS Soccer,

Jungle Hunt,

Mario Bros,

Moon Patrol,

RS Tennis,

RS Volleyball,

Stargate and

Vanguard

on my site.

Staberinde, could you make a list of your NTSC titles?

For example, is your 1986 Realsports Tennis NTSC or PAL?

8)

Thanks for the links. However, like Rom Hunter, I'm not sure which scans are PAL labels and which are NTSC labels.

Staberinde, could you make a list of your NTSC titles?

For example, is your 1986 Realsports Tennis NTSC or PAL?

8)

Staberinde, I put the 1986 RS Tennis on my list as an NTSC label. Please let me know if it's actually PAL.

I've made a layout change to the gray labels list. I've added an "own" column in order to make it easier to keep track of the variants in my collection. If anyone else is using the list in a similar fashion, this new layout should make the list more useful. I'll work on adding an "own" column to the black and red label lists as well. :)

Sorry to post such a quick update. :)

I've attached the updated list to this post and to the initial post in this thread.

*EDIT: Added an "own" column to the black labels list as well.

Gray_Labels_12_04_06.html

BlackLabels_12_04_06.html

Staberinde, I put the 1986 RS Tennis on my list as an NTSC label. Please let me know if it's actually PAL.

And this is where things go wrong.

I have it listed as a PAL cart on Atarimania.

Staberinde, please help us out, before both lists are infected.

8)

I think Staberinde's cart is PAL. He posted it in Phil's LVAR thread and I assumed it was NTSC, but Phil isn't tracking NTSC/PAL differences and that keeps confusing me. Regardless of the format of Staberinde's cart, it appears that you've found a PAL copy of this label that I need to add to my list.

One other thing, the scan column on the red label list is currently empty. I haven't scanned the red labels in my possesion, so I haven't added any of the variants I own. However, I only have one red label cart for each title, so I don't have much to add, but I'll work on getting what I do have added to the list. If anyone can provide scans for any of the red labels, I'd appreciate it.

Sorry for causing confusion. Basically, most of my carts should be PAL, as I get them from epay europe. Only NTSC-only carts and labels (like the text number labels and stuff like Video Cube, Krull etc.) i have bought in or from the U.S., as I do collect the variations.

Off course, even if i bought something in Europe, if there is no "p" on the label somewhere (endlabel, CX-number, or a P on the back of the cart) it may still be a NTSC carts. I usually do test the cart for functionallity but not for NTSC vs. PAL (both work on my TV, only colors differ).

So, if you are in doubt about a specific cart, ask me. RS Tennis is PAL.

I hope this makes things somewhat clearer?

Best

staberinde

Sorry for causing confusion. Basically, most of my carts should be PAL, as I get them from epay europe. Only NTSC-only carts and labels (like the text number labels and stuff like Video Cube, Krull etc.) i have bought in or from the U.S., as I do collect the variations.

Off course, even if i bought something in Europe, if there is no "p" on the label somewhere (endlabel, CX-number, or a P on the back of the cart) it may still be a NTSC carts. I usually do test the cart for functionallity but not for NTSC vs. PAL (both work on my TV, only colors differ).

So, if you are in doubt about a specific cart, ask me. RS Tennis is PAL.

I hope this makes things somewhat clearer?

Best

staberinde

Yes. Thanks. The confusion was my fault though. You've told me this before. I just got mixed-up on the RS Tennis.

Nice.

crunchysuperman, I'm still looking for some good quality scans of these red label NTSC carts:

http://www.atarimania.com/lst_soft.php?MEN...n_sauver=Search

I know that you just posted scans of some of them, but the quality is not quite good enough to add to our database.

Thanks in advance.

8)

Can I just say how incredibly thorough and impressive these documents are? Well... they are. I went through my entire collection, somewhere between 400 and 450 carts, and I only have one thing to add....and I collect label variations! I'm not trying to boast about my collection, I'm complimenting Christophero Sly and everyone else that has contributed to these great checklists.

The only one I have to add is that NTSC Red Label Motorodeo, made in Hong Kong, should be CA400066-171 and CA400064-171 not 161. Just a typo.

See http://www.atariage.com/cart_page.html?SoftwareLabelID=1020

Well done.

Edited by shadowdoggie

Here's scans of the NTSC red labels on that list that I have.

:cool: Thanks! I appreciate it.

Thanks for rescanning the Solaris labels. I also can't make out the date on one of the Midnight Magics, the one from Hong Kong, or the Jr. Pac-Man. No need for rescans, but if you could tell me the dates on those, I'd appreciate it.

Can I just say how incredibly thorough and impressive these documents are? Well... they are. I went through my entire collection, somewhere between 400 and 450 carts, and I only have one thing to add....and I collect label variations! I'm not trying to boast about my collection, I'm complimenting Christophero Sly and everyone else that has contributed to these great checklists.

The only one I have to add is that NTSC Red Label Motorodeo, made in Hong Kong, should be CA400066-171 and CA400064-171 not 161. Just a typo.

See http://www.atariage.com/cart_page.html?SoftwareLabelID=1020

Well done.

Thanks! We hope you find the lists to be useful resources for you as a collector.

Stay tuned though. I've been working to improve the lists quite a bit lately. In addition to building archives of red and gray label scans, I've also been working to improve the "Remarks" columns, particularly on the black label list. I'm focusing on the details that distinguish the Atari, Corp. labels from the standard Atari, Inc. labels, like whether or not a "TM" appears on the end label.

Oh, and thanks for catching that typo. :)

I am looking forward to seeing the added end label comments. Sellers of groups of Atari cartridges on eBay often only show the end labels.

That's what I'd like to do-- make it easier to spot these babies from just their end labels. :D

Besides some of the obvious ones, here are some more titles that can be differentiated between Corp. and Inc. by their end labels.

3-D Tic-Tac-Toe ()

Backgammon ()

Basketball (*)

Bowling ()

Brain Games ()

Canyon Bomber (®)

Haunted House ()

Othello ()