IGNORED

Funniest "Jag-bashing" experience?

Ferris

The only "amusing" Jag Bashing I remember was from back in the day on rec.games.video.atari.  There was a regular Mac user there named Peter Sinclair (username "sinclap") who was absolutely, totally, unrelentingly obsessed with bashing anything Atari, and in particular the Jaguar.  He always stuck to his assertions, false or otherwise, and tried to introduce all kinds of idiotic examples as proof of his claims.  And he would do this endlessly and would respond to practically any thread that had anything at all to do with the system or its specs.  He was annoying at first, but eventually he was like the group's whipping boy -- nobody liked him, we all thought he was mentally deficient, but he was a great lightning rod to draw all the criticisms to.  If you were one who wanted to avoid the bashing and just get to the interesting posts of new games, GEnie RTC transcripts or the latest Atari Explorer Online, you just had to filter out any thread with Peter in it and you had a nice clean newsgroup.  :)

899001[/snapback]

I remember Mr. Sinclair. It was pretty amusing.

Would you believe he's still been at it as recently as last year? Check comp.sys.atari.advocacy. The only reason it seems he hasn't posted lately is because the groups is pretty much dead (which his last post attributes to his absence, of course) He also seems to be a member on Atomic Bob's Golden Thread stock pages -- naturally as an investor in AAPL.

• 11 months later...

three doo lmao

the funniest thing about jag bashing was the Toilet image people would give it. stupidly it got me thinking about various promotion ideas, good or bad

The jaguar is the shit

Tired of flushing your life away. (Get a job campaign from the government)

and so on..

all this fuss about the Wii name but the psp gets ignored,

• 2 weeks later...

Not out to promote them, but the Digital Press forum has a couple threads going in which people are claiming the Sega 32X is twice as powerful as Jaguar. There is a guy right now posting screen shots of 32X's "good" games, right next to some of the worst Jaguar games comparing them to try and prove his point. He also claims Doom played better on 32X then pastes the EGM scores for both versions to state he is right.

This is just one of them.........

http://www.digitpress.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=89661

Well, there are 3-4 of them in their 2 main gaming forums...........

Yeah, I more or less did. There has to come a time when you to just realize that there's just no getting the truth though to some people. But I would encourage you to read the dialog in the thread "WAR!" just to show you exactly what I mean. Interesting to note how our esteemed gaming genius here who after embarrasing himself and getting backed into a corner jumps threads and says basically "Oh yeah, on this other thread, I gave this guy whatfor" without giving anybody a way to see it for themselves and judge for themselves. So I figure I'd just put in what he left out.

Oh no, he's going on about corners again....and I live in a Lighthouse :-)

....says basically "Oh yeah, on this other thread, I gave this guy whatfor"....Well yes, see heading of this topic, doh!!!

But you must agree with Ferris: Maybe they felt outdone by the cutting edge new offering from Atari. >>That's you !!<<

Me Gaming genius, well thank you vey much, I like that.

Edited by thomasholzer

....and used the same explosion story again .... "I was at a red light and I seen this DeLorean sitting there and the engine just exploded for no reason other than it was a piece of crap. The whole front end of the car fell off and collapsed when the engine exploded" ....funny thing is, the engine is in the BACK of that car, not in the front! Needless to say he was busted as being a bigmouth liar and he just sat there quietly for the rest of the class.

895246[/snapback]

Did you ask him what color the Delorean was? Of course if he said anything but silver you knew he was lynig also.

895471[/snapback]

Didn't they also make gold ones? I saw a gold DeLorean once, but it may have been custom painted.

I've seen a white one on a car lot. I looked at it. It was in an accident and had been repaired and painted. Didn't look bad as a white car. (I'm partial to white cars)