IGNORED

On TV - Flashback 2

Actually, after the initial run of VCS' in 1977, all 2600's were then made in Tawain for the US and a plant was setup in Ireland for UK/Europe. The Sunnyvale Heavy Sixers are the only US ATari 2600's.

Not to worry about what Hasbro/Infogrames had in its warehouses, its all inventoried and quite safe now.

Curt

Hey, did anyone see the info on Flashback 2 at QVC.com? I thought it would be something like "Made in USA" just like Jaguar64...

"Made in China."

So that good old times, when in Europe (where I live, so "so long Flashback 2" or I have to wait), the "Vietnamese people" were selling their "Computer Game System (CGS)" etc., I mean copies of all products, just like in the old ATARI VCS box... are back.

This time it's by ATARI (do hope?) but it seems, that lot of these good old copied boxes stayed in ASIA. :-D    Btw. Curt, did ATARI manufactured everything new, just like those boxes, and joysticks, or is it stuff Infogrames was talking about "...got also some warehouses, that will be ATARI's fan to dig through..." that it got in 6.12.2000 by aquisting Hasbro? :-)

899437[/snapback]

Why can't they make the darn disc for PC AND Mac :?

Don't get me started on RFID chips. They are the devil :evil:

900571[/snapback]

Atari hasn't made anything Mac compat. to date... I know 2 years back Apple was really pushing to show how the Mac is a good gaming platform, it got some press for a while and died down.

Since its a Mach kernel underneath essentially, most Linux/BSD games could be recompiled to run on a Mac under OSX

Curt

But if the RFIDs don't get disabled at the POS, anybody can track them from then on. Until it is not guaranteed and checkable by myself, that the tag is disabled at the POS or when leaving the shop, it is 100% unacceptable. Else we are just one step closer to "Big Brother".

But probably that belongs to a different thread.

899441[/snapback]

That's exactly how I feel about RFIDs. I think the stores should be required by law to disable the RFIDs at the POS or else face a hefty fine (I'll be generous and say $5,000 per violation). Either that or require the stores to ask the customers if they want the chips deactivated and if the customer says yes then the store would then have to deactivate it or face a fine ($5,000 per violation).

BTW, to make this post on topic, does the Flashback version of Adventure II include the extra monsters (from the 5200 version), or is it just Squarepeg, Batty, Yorgle, Grundle, and Rhindle?

why have someone witha hand held bar scanner clicking everything off when you can just pass the entire pallet through a yoke and have everything check in itself?

No problems with that.

But if the RFIDs don't get disabled at the POS, anybody can track them from then on. Until it is not guaranteed and checkable by myself, that the tag is disabled at the POS or when leaving the shop, it is 100% unacceptable. Else we are just one step closer to "Big Brother".

899441[/snapback]

A bit off topic, but...

It's not like the Government is going to track you by following your RFID chip in your Atari.

You should be more concerned with Credit Cards and Store Cards that are looking at implementing RFID. Imagine walking into your favorite mall or grocery store and them knowing your purchase history just by scanning you and picking up any RFID signals. They're going to have a good idea of what you're going to buy before you even get through the door.

Even worse, just imagine the identity theif sitting on a bench at a busy mall with his PDA scanning everyone that walks by and picking up their credit card info...

That's when it will have gone too far -- but putting RFID in products is pretty harmless. Nobody is going to want to track you via a jar of pickles. And if they do want to track you down for your pickles, just let them have them...

899441[/snapback]

That's exactly how I feel about RFIDs. I think the stores should be required by law to disable the RFIDs at the POS or else face a hefty fine (I'll be generous and say $5,000 per violation). Either that or require the stores to ask the customers if they want the chips deactivated and if the customer says yes then the store would then have to deactivate it or face a fine ($5,000 per violation).

900696[/snapback]

Of course, you could always disable them yourself (eventually, if these products ever see the light of day)...

http://www.we-make-money-not-art.com/archives/004957.php

Neat!