IGNORED

What's in your Atari?

Sayton

I wish I *could* play my Atari but the A/C plug cord is damaged and I can't find a suitable replacement anywhere. My 40+ games are just sitting on a shelf as a display until I get one.

910070[/snapback]

If you're REALLY desperate, you can slice the brock off the cable and wrap the wires to the terminals on a 9volt battery.

It'll get expensive if you do it much, though. If I recall, you can expect about an hour of game time per battery.

910074[/snapback]

Wrong.

A 9-volt lasts 4 hours. If you go to radio shack and get a 8 AA holder, or even a 6 AA holder, that'll last for a long, long time. Like, my batteries never died and I played it for a month on batteries only long time. Now, here is something very important. When you are done playing, unplug the battery. The switch is at the 5v line, not the 9v line. Which means, even when the atari is off, it is still sucking power.

The FB2 has this problem as well and when I get the one, I am going to wire the power to the 9V line, and make it run off of 6 AA's. The Atari ran off of 250some mha, and the FB2, running at like 75mha (milliamps per hour). So 6 AA's is going to last one hell of a long time.

As for the game? Alien, then hopefully today, my CC2 will arive =D

Edited by keilbaca

I've been playing Kaboom, Pressure Cooker, and Street Racer the most. My fiance and I get into some fierce competitions while playing those. The only problem is, I just started a 2600 collection, and there are still dozens of games for us to try out because we spend so much time with those 3 games plus a few others. Guess I need either more time or more discipline... :-D

I've got my Krokocart plugged in with Man Goes Down (and an Atarivox plugged into the other controller slot). ;)

My SC playing SWOOPS!

I read something about "Swoops" in the Stella Mailing List (I think)... Is this all new, or is it something like Crash 'n Dive renamed?

/curious ;)

[edit]

Crash 'n' Dive, not Crash 'n' Burn. :o

[double-edit]

Ah, somehow I missed the news about the new multi-cart. Excellence & Congrats!

http://www.atariage.com/features/shows/vgd...view/demos.html

Edited by mojofltr

• 3 months later...

Wow! Found this old topic.

Anyways, the games I have out now are:

Coconuts

Phoenix

Donkey Kong

Fast Food

Galaxian

I did have Space Invaders out but put it on the shelf when checking my collection. Galaxian has been seeing the most play so far. That game got so great I was curling my toes (the game intensity was getting that good).

The Atari ran off of 250some mha, and the FB2, running at like 75mha (milliamps per hour).

913729[/snapback]

Current draw for these items would be in milliamperes a.k.a. milliamps (mA), not "milliamps per hour", which is nonsense. Draw of an original Atari console varies from one unit to the next (and different cartridges use different amounts too), so it would typically be between 250 and 350 mA.

Battery capacity is typically measured in milliamp-hours (mAh). If a battery holds 1250 mAh and you put a 250 mA load on it, simple division of capacity by load gives the approximate runtime in hours (5 hours in this example). Note that when putting cells in series, the mAh numbers are not added, so if your 6 x AA cell battery pack had 6 of 2500 mAh rechargeables in it with the same 250 mA load, you could expect about 10 hours of runtime. These calculated runtimes will be a bit more than what you really get for 2 reasons: most items can't keep running until the battery reaches zero volts, and battery mAh figures are given for very slow discharge rates (20 hours constant current until empty) - draining at faster rates wastes more power as heat inside the cells, so you get lower than calculated runtime. So, in the first example above, if using a 1250 mAh battery with a 250 mA load, you should expect to get somewhat less than 5 hours runtime, possibly just a little over 4 hours (wild guess).

Edited by A.J. Franzman