IGNORED

New Atari 2600 100% compatible system

Carlos_Lopez

Sounds interesting, buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut ...

Are there pics of it working?

Do you have a price point?

Is there any assurance that those who order one would actually get one (Catbox, anyone?)

Until I see answers to these simple questions, I'm going to assume it's vaporware and will continue to enjoy my FB2, emulators, and original hardware.

913407[/snapback]

If you want to avoid disappointment when discussing unreleased hardware or software, it's best to assume everything is vaporware until you are holding it in your hand.

and from the amount of whining about the lack of cart port on here, some people are clearly holding it in their hand...

The FB2 doesn't have a cart port 'out of the box' either, both products are aimed at the lower end of the toy/videogame market - almost an impulse buy item - this product is possibly portable and supposedly has 100% TIA emulation, which the competing product doesn't. Quit yer bitching.

If you want a cart port, either buy a 2600 or hack one into the FB2 or this product. What's the hassle?

When was this?! The Mega Joy has and still is being sold. There are others too.. like the Power Joy for one. This continues to be made and sold. QVC still sells some.

Flojomojo, Atari already lost the battle against clone machines with Coleco.

The only rreason those NES clones were stopped (Mega Joy) was because

they had games on them. The ones without, are fine.

This would be fine as well, assuming there are no games included

(that aren't new homebrews or whatever)

My question is, does it have a cartridge port?

912037[/snapback]

• 2 weeks later...
Sounds interesting, buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut ...

Are there pics of it working?

Do you have a price point?

Is there any assurance that those who order one would actually get one (Catbox, anyone?)

Until I see answers to these simple questions, I'm going to assume it's vaporware and will continue to enjoy my FB2, emulators, and original hardware.

913407[/snapback]

If you want to avoid disappointment when discussing unreleased hardware or software, it's best to assume everything is vaporware until you are holding it in your hand.

922514[/snapback]

Don't always assume that....some of us are busy testing a device that took me 4 months to develop as opposed to 3+ years :) !

As far as a definitive 2600, I should have protos of a unique Flashback 2 upgrade VERY soon. THAT will be the definitive 2600 system since you actually have to purchase something from Atari to use it :)!

It won't have USB, but it should support everything out there....if it doesn't, you'll be able to upgrade it :)! Moreover, why limit the system to only the 2600, huh? ;) !!

Ed