IGNORED

New Release Date for FB2

"What you are telling us conflicts with what Curt Vendel is telling us. Where are you getting your information?"

That was my understanding as well, I thought he said they pulled some off the line for testing and discovered the issue and corrected it, and that only the ones Wal-Mart has been selling early would most likely have the sound issue?

What you are telling us conflicts with what Curt Vendel is telling us.  Where are you getting your information?

922273[/snapback]

I thought my info came from Curt with reading in the forums, did I miss something ? :ponder:

Didnt Curt say there was a sound problem with these early units using the wrong version chip in them & that they have corrected the problem with using the proper version ?

Dont tell me that on the official release date there will still be that same issue, is that what you are saying ? I hope not :|

Edited by ATARIeric

What you are telling us conflicts with what Curt Vendel is telling us.  Where are you getting your information?

922273[/snapback]

I thought my info came from Curt with reading in the forums, did I miss something ? :ponder:

Didnt Curt say there was a sound problem with these early units using the wrong version chip in them & that they have corrected the problem with using the proper version ?

Dont tell me that on the official release date there will still be that same issue, is that what you are saying ? I hope not :|

922416[/snapback]

iirc he said the *first part* of the walmart shipments (since they were the first) had the problem chips (and he said only a few thousand). I would presume that means that even walmarts now could have some of the 'rev b's...

gavv

iirc he said the *first part* of the walmart shipments (since they were the first) had the problem chips (and he said only a few thousand).  I would presume that means that even walmarts now could have some of the 'rev b's...

gavv

Gotcha! Thanks, I dont think any of the rev b's are in the stores yet as they are coming over in a cargo ship. I would wait to see other stores with them before I head out to walmart. I ordered mine from QVC but yes when all the stores have them I will head over to walmart and get another 1 :)

I feel a little uncomforatable with this thread being that there are a few to many newbies with 0 joysticks posting in a forum that doesnt seem to make much sense.  Kinda reminds me of the Airworld post a few years back.  Hmmm maybe I'm just paranoid.

922340[/snapback]

OK, I'm confused again

Are you stating that I am not allowed to post in this forum because I have zero joysticks ?

922273[/snapback]

922416[/snapback]

iirc he said the *first part* of the walmart shipments (since they were the first) had the problem chips (and he said only a few thousand). I would presume that means that even walmarts now could have some of the 'rev b's...

gavv

922540[/snapback]

My GF got me one (suprised the hell out of me too) and it was a Rev A.

Apparently they had a lot of FB2's, so I'd wait a bit more before the cycle of the Rev. B's come out.

My engineers and I picked up the sound issue immediately after the initial samples came into the engineering offices for review.   The sound issue was fixed several weeks ago as already stated in other threads, an initial batch of units in the first shipment - to Walmart, had the Quadrun voice sound missing, this was picked up during production and corrected within days, all other shipments that have gone out (the 2nd and 3rd shipments to Walmart, all Target, Best Buy, Circuit City and Sears shipments all have the corrected revB chips in them...)

The unit I received from 8bitclassics in Wisconsin does not have voice on Quadrun.

917082[/snapback]

It was a Wal-Mart version. I cleaned stock at my local Wal-Marts, took a hit on the price so my pre-orders had something in hand. Only found 8 so far, but I believe 16 more should be around here soon as a manager I talk with ordered 16 more for me in case I needed them. Which I am expecting to since I will probably have to wait until October to get the rest of mine right now like everybody else. I will take the hit on my pre-orders so my customers get one in somewhat of a timely manner.

Corey