IGNORED

DP Down?

FND

They've been claiming they've been upgrading for weeks, I would've thought they were capable of finishing it by now, but i guess not.

If I remember correctly they were about to upgrade then someone mentioned that there was going to be some kind of free software upgrade in December.

I think they are waiting for that.

We'll never know the whole story until they are back up, so I'm just going to wait patiently and hope it's back soon.

Even then its not likely. They've been down dozens of times before, and when they finally come back up here's no word about it at all, as if it never happened.

Even now, whats it been a week? Thier home page is back up, and not a peep.

We'll never know the whole story until they are back up, so I'm just going to wait patiently and hope it's back soon.

Even then its not likely. They've been down dozens of times before, and when they finally come back up here's no word about it at all, as if it never happened.

There is an explanation in a thread about 5 or 6 down from this one.

It is disappointing that it's taking this long but when the changeover to vbulletin is complete there won't be any more of this up and down business. Consider the current downtime an investment.

Also, there has been a lot of discussion on the DP forums about the problems with the boards. It's not that there is "no word about it at all"...it is discussed on the DP boards...not announced on the forum homepage or discussed on Atari Age (why would it be?). If you go to the site and click on the forums link you get a message that the forums are under "construction", which they are. Why is further explanation necessary?

There is an explanation in a thread about 5 or 6 down from this one.

It is disappointing that it's taking this long but when the changeover to vbulletin is complete there won't be any more of this up and down business. Consider the current downtime an investment.

Also, there has been a lot of discussion on the DP forums about the problems with the boards. It's not that there is "no word about it at all"...it is discussed on the DP boards...not announced on the forum homepage or discussed on Atari Age (why would it be?). If you go to the site and click on the forums link you get a message that the forums are under "construction", which they are. Why is further explanation necessary?

Because most people dont want to go searching for it. The info SHOULD be on the main page.

And further explanation is not necessary, just maybe a little old fasioned courtesy. Apparently too much to ask, which is why I dont frequent there like I used to.

I checked last night on my friends PC & The forum is up & Running...But today I checked on my PC with Firefox it was still down "Sorry, but this board is currently UNDER CONSTRUCTION! Please try again later."

samething happened with me I check on my freinds computer saturday night it's up, I check back at home next day it's down.

• 2 weeks later...
And they just finished uploading the new forum too. If I was digitalpress I would look into getting a new website host. I think it is evident it is not their software causing the problems but the host.
Even if they did that, something else would start blowing up on them. And at the rate they're going, it would probably take them another year to figure it out.

Sweet zombie censorship! I thought switching to the new forum would have taken care of the problem once and for all. I'm a little annoyed, because although I'm not an active participant on the DP forums, I do like to read the threads to catch up on the latest video game deals.

JR

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...