IGNORED

DP Down?

FND

• 1 month later...
DP seems to be going down a lot lately in the evening. Are they doing some sort of maintenance on it?
http://www.digitpress.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=84510

I can't read that because they're down right now. (well, duh!) It would have been nice if you'd given a one-line description of why, instead of a blind link to a site which is going down like a movie theater running a Titanic marathon.

Last week I tried accessing it, and I got a slow response indicative of a DDoS attack. So I guess someone's got a chip on their shoulder about DP, rather than this being just an automated PHP 'sploit.

I can't read that because they're down right now. (well, duh!)

They're up and looks like they have been all day. But anyway, here's the post.

Posted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:27 pm Post subject: Why is Digital Press down so much?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You may have noticed Digital Press being down quite a bit lately. You're not alone -- we've noticed it too!

We've got several scripts running on the server behind the scenes trying to fix things up. We're compressing files, cleaning up databases, and doing a dozen other things. Unfortunately, sometimes random combinations of these things are locking up the server.

Each time this happens, we learn a little bit more. We're actively searching the log files after every lock up and are determined to get the site up and running 110%. Trust me when I say there is no one more frustrated about the lock ups than those of us who have poured our hearts, words, and sweat into this site.

Bear with us while we get things straightened out. The hang ups are temporary. Gaming is forever.

(Was that last line too cheezy? Sorry.)

DP seems to be going down a lot lately in the evening. Are they doing some sort of maintenance on it?
http://www.digitpress.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=84510

I can't read that because they're down right now. (well, duh!) It would have been nice if you'd given a one-line description of why, instead of a blind link to a site which is going down like a movie theater running a Titanic marathon.

DP was up when I posted that link. It's a sticky thread explaining why DP is down so frequently. It's more complicated than I can explain, hence the link. Sorry it wasn't working for you when you tried it.

• 3 months later...

Again? I haven't been to DP in a while but I came across a game today and didn't get much help seeing the value from ebay so was hoping to see what the DP rarity is and the value it gives. Has it been down a lot lately again? What a bummer DP is.....AA have NEVER been down when I click it.

Edited by SpendTooMuchOnAtari

Again? I haven't been to DP in a while but I came across a game today and didn't get much help seeing the value from ebay so was hoping to see what the DP rarity is and the value it gives. Has it been down a lot lately again? What a bummer DP is.....AA have NEVER been down when I click it.

Its up now

digitalpress Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:03 pm Post subject: This Weekend's Outage

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the forum outage folks. The user table got corrupted and had to be patched up. I have no skills in this area, John P came to the rescue and solved it in about ten minutes.

If there are SQL (MySQL in particular) and/or database "experts" amongst us, please get in touch with me - I'd really like to avoid lengthy outages like this and we should pool our skills!

In the meantime I'm going to be looking into improving the hardware as well. We simply have too much traffic on too small a box right now.

I doubt that's traffic taking them down constantly. Granted they do a good volume, but unless it's running on a P100 I don't think it's the problem. Got to be their choice of software combined with a grudge holder, or leagues of script kiddies.

Maybe there should be a 'DP is Up' thread instead. :ponder: :P

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Yep the board has been "down" (technically a manual close) the last 2-3 days because it's being switched over to a new software.

whats the problem now?

more new software?

a few days ago i could pull up the mainpage but now i get nothing

Yeah they're down and out. It's too bad as it's been out for the entire console launch experience! Here's hoping they come back sooner than later.

heh i think i know the day they started having problems ;)

Atariage

Most users ever online was 1,941 on Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:43 PM

edit oh and this ive never seen so many guests

121 guests, 99 members 6 anonymous members
Edited by Lemmi

I think what is happening is they are updating the boards nows from what I've read a few days.
There are ways of doing software upgrades without bringing the whole site down for days at a time. There's got to be more to it than that ... like somebody not knowing what they're doing.

Are they going offline for good or something?
If they did, I don't know how we'd know the difference; it seems they've had more downtime than uptime lately. I think they need to get themselves a competent administrator.

I almost hate to agree with you since we may be statrting a flame war but for almost the past year they've been constantly up and down. I only go there to check for stuff to buy but particularlly in the last six months even if I did see something I wanted I wouldnt bother fo fear of not being able to contact the seller.