IGNORED

WTB: VCD or SVCD Recorder

yuppicide

Nah I see them all the time for $100-$200. Terapin still makes one, but it's VCD only and if possible I'd rather go SVCD. Plus, I like the convience of it already being encoded for me.. just copy over and I'm done.

I could get a cheap DVD burner, but it's not what I want.

I don't even have a DVD in my computer anymore. My burner was 2x and slow as hell so I sold it.

I currently have about 1200+ music videos in mpg, almost every MacGyver episode, almost every Seinfeld, some cartoons, etc.

I'd like to build a media PC with just a big hard drive full of TV shows connected in my living room. It would do nothing but store videos and play them back. I will put in a 300 or 400 gig drive and a dual layer drive only to burn backups. I'll use a CD storage system that automatically catalogs everything so I can find them easily.

• 3 weeks later...

I think I prefer the route I went: PVR card. VCD/SVCD recording in realtime, TV tuner and a bunch of other crap. Works well for recording or even just being able to pause/rewind live TV. :) And they're relatively cheap for a decent one, too. Then afterwards you can burn your recordings however you want, or edit them first if you prefer.

Edited by Mindfield