IGNORED

HSC Season 3 Week 14: Journey Escape

Ze_ro

So is it capped or not?

I still haven't come to a final decision yet. I am leaning towards the set up that I mentioned earlier, but if anyone has any better suggestions, I'll certainly consider them.

One argument in favor of not capping it is.  That it is unprecedented to cap a game that actually keeps tract of the score.  It has always been tradition to allow the player to go up to as far as the game keeps track of it.

Well, the original decision to cap games at their roll-over point was generally to avoid marathon matches that didn't really prove anything. Generally, by the time you're capable of rolling the score, it's safe to say that you've thoroughly mastered the game. Even though your score is more than double that of the 5th ghost, there's really no basis to say that you're more skilled than him at the game, or that Todd Rogers is any better than either of you. All three of you could almost certainly play forever.

In fact, the difficulty of most 2600 games max out long before the score rolls over, but the score rolling over is usually a convenient place to stop... that doesn't seem to be the case here.

--Zero

Alright, I've added in a cap at 1,000,000. The list will still display whatever enormous score you might have, although you will be ranked according to the cap. Bonuses are available at 2m, 5m and 10m for anyone that still has time to manage them.

--Zero

I think this was the first game that I ever realized I could play forever on. I believe I was about ten when I cranked it over a million. It stayed the only game I could play forever on until, after about ten years without one, I got another Atari 2600.

Edited by pacmanfevr76

Think I'll stop then.  I've left my Atari on for the past few days and just played a couple rounds each time.

54903 -> $3,054,900

952977[/snapback]

I thought about doing that, too. But I kept turning off the Atari before bed. I hate to think I could damage something and have Journey Escape to thank for it.

Think I'll stop then.  I've left my Atari on for the past few days and just played a couple rounds each time.

54903 -> $3,054,900

952977[/snapback]

I did the same thing, except when the game rolled and kept the end counter at 00, I just quit.

I hope this is not capped.  I figured it was not since third ghost score was posted.  If I knew it was going to be capped I would of only gone to a million.

951176[/snapback]

It should not be capped, as it does keep score after you hit 1 mil. We didn't cap it for thrust, so don't cap it for this.

EDIT: That's strange... I just rolled Journey Escape, and it didn't put a 1 on the end of the counter. It just rolled and said 300, then after it did the sequence, it said 50,300. So, all I can prove except with a handy camera ready (now that I know) is that I got 1,050,300.

951178[/snapback]

Its pretty obvious...