IGNORED

Do you want to buy an XBOX 360 at launch?

Flojomojo

Do you want to buy an XBOX 360 at launch?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to buy an XBOX 360 at launch?

• I plan to get one on or very near to launch day.
    • I would get one if I had the money.
    • I might get/want one, but I want to hear more about it first.
    • I'll wait until there are more games out, the price drops, or PS3 or Revolution comes out.
    • I don't think I'll ever get one.

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I'm actually kinda torn, personally.

I liked the black XBOX and still think it has legs for a few more years. I don't think there's a huge need for a new system.

I think I could skip the PS3, at least based on my non-use of the PS2.

I like the look of the technology, Elder Scrolls looks excellent, as does the new XBOX Live. Llamasoft's Neon technology is something that really appeals to me.

I hate the non-answers about backwards compatibility. I wish it were all or nothing, not this weaseley stuff we're getting. I think it's a little expensive, but it would be cheaper than upgrading my PC to an equivalent level.

In short: I liked the old platform, I would buy a new one if I felt ready, I have the money, just not sure if I really need another system just yet. I'll probably do what I did with the XBOX: wait about 6 months, and then jump on it when there's something I just can't do without. In 2002 that was JSRF, and everything else that came out then was a massive bonus -- and slightly cheaper by then, too!

I dunno, so far the 360 does nothing for me (except for PD0) and the price aint all that great, and new system only means new 50 dollar games. With my B-day coming soon, I hope to have an original X-box very soon. But the 360, I'll own one someday in like 5 years jus so I can play PD0. However, if they support the custom soundtracks like they said they are going to on every title I just may. But if the PS3 is truly backwards compatible, I'll be all over it

Not sure if PDZero will be all that -- the reviews are hot and cold. New games are going to be sixty bucks, though.  :sad:

Once the 360 comes out and all focus is on that machine, I am going to kick back and wait for current xbox games to become true bargains. 360 system & games will have to wait 8)

i am most excited about the revolution, actually. i really think it will shake up the entire way we think about gaming.

so, no interest in the 360 for me. i don't even have an original x-box yet, but am looking in to getting one to use as a cheapo media center & all that. down to about $120 or so on ebay; i can wait a little while longer.

after the dreamcast i vowed never to fall for the launch hype again. yes the system interests me and it will be a drag not playing some of those titles right away but the console war needs to be fully joined before i drop major money into it. i'm wary of the whole two price launch thing, kinda makes you think the hard drive will be forgotten by developers. at any rate i havent had enough time to play all the games i want in the current generation so i can wait a long time.

after the dreamcast i vowed never to fall for the launch hype again. yes the system interests me and it will be a drag not playing some of those titles right away but the console war needs to be fully joined before i drop major money into it. i'm wary of the whole two price launch thing, kinda makes you think the hard drive will be forgotten by developers. at any rate i havent had enough time to play all the games i want in the current generation so i can wait a long time.

950475[/snapback]

But you get this great power supply with it. :sad:

sastorarnatadaptern319168ja.jpg

:ponder:

950475[/snapback]

950483[/snapback]

:-o Jumped up Christ on a craker thats huge!

I've got one coming on launch. Despite the fact that MS dropped the ball by not making the HD standard and will in all likelyhood be f*ing everyone by having a non utilized peripheral :x

They should have included it on all 360's If developers can't "count" on it being there, why oh why MS would you expect them to put in the effort to utilize it and make games better or more convenient ?

For once it would be nice if people learned from the past.

I can tell you for sure that a 360 wont be hooked up to my tv any time soon.  The games are just a parade of endless sequels to games i never wanted to play in the first place.

950435[/snapback]

Oddly enough that's sort of how I feel about the Nintendo systems. I don't want to see Mario and his pals, or any more "big head" adventure games.

But I get the point.

950475[/snapback]

950483[/snapback]

:-o:-o :-o :-o:-o:-o:-o:-o:-o:-oHOLY CHRISTMAS!!! :-o:-o:-o :-o :-o:-o:-o:-o:-o:-o

Edited by Sega_master

I can tell you for sure that a 360 wont be hooked up to my tv any time soon.  The games are just a parade of endless sequels to games i never wanted to play in the first place.

Oddly enough that's sort of how I feel about the Nintendo systems. I don't want to see Mario and his pals, or any more "big head" adventure games.

But I get the point.

Yup Nintendo is one of the worst offenders as far as sequels are concerned, but everyone does it not just them. Personally I would wait for the dust to settle. Maybe wait a year or two for the console to drop price and games to reach the value bin.

I am thinking I am gonna dump my kiddie cube for credit towards a next gen console. Maybe sell it on Ebay to a family with kids (Nintendo's target audience).

To all the non-collectors here are you thinking about dumping your current gen console?

But I get the point.

That's perfectly understandable I'm not saying that any of the games are going to be bad they just aren't games i care if i play or not. And dones we get it nintendo is for kids, you don't have to mention it in every post you make.

I'm probably going to wait. Oblivion looks awesome, but I don't think I can justify $500 to play one game. There are too many current and past gen games I still want to get before getting a new system, and none of the other 360 launch-window games look _that_ much more fun than current gen (especially since I don't have an HDTV). Still, if I run into one this winter, I may yet succumb - a shiny new console is always tempting. Otherwise, I'll wait for a price drop or a few more "must have" games.

Edited by BydoEmpire