IGNORED

Do you want to buy an XBOX 360 at launch?

Flojomojo

Do you want to buy an XBOX 360 at launch?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to buy an XBOX 360 at launch?

• I plan to get one on or very near to launch day.
    • I would get one if I had the money.
    • I might get/want one, but I want to hear more about it first.
    • I'll wait until there are more games out, the price drops, or PS3 or Revolution comes out.
    • I don't think I'll ever get one.

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I'm set on the Revolution. Because of the price, and the games. You can't get any better than online super smash brothers.

950620[/snapback]

When did Nintendo announce a price and launch lineup? :?

950666[/snapback]

speaking of which, when did they announce a controller? :D

Edited by Sega_master

I'm set on the Revolution. Because of the price, and the games. You can't get any better than online super smash brothers.

950620[/snapback]

950666[/snapback]

speaking of which, when did they announce a controller? :D

950680[/snapback]

When did MS announce a power brick? :rolling:

:lol: People can't stop talking about Nintendo even in non-Nintendo threads.

I think the online offer will be a strong reason for early adopters to get a 360.

Edited by Dones

Do I "want" to buy an Xbox 360 at launch? yes. Will I buy an xbox 360 at launch? Probably not. It's too pricey for my blood at this time... and the games aren't all that great yet

However if it gets hacked relatively soon, I'll be there at EB with my 500 bucks in hand :P (or a killer title comes out)

I'm not going to get a 360 for the same reason I didn't get the original X-Box. There are simply not enough games I'm interested in to justify it. I'm not a huge fan of FPS, racing games, or 3D fighting games, and that seems to be about 90% of the X-Box library. I'll probably get a PS3 because it's backwards compatible with the games I already own (at least I think it will be), and it seems to get more RPG's, platformers, and shooters that I like (not to mention those occasional odd ball kooky Japanese games). I'll probably get a Revolution eventually since I like some of the Nintendo series (Metroid, Mario, Zelda), but I'm really not overally hot for that one either.

Tempest

950620[/snapback]

950666[/snapback]

Does it matter? One of the options says,are you going to wait for the PS3 or Revolution. I'm waiting for the Revolution.

Edited by keilbaca

Says the guy who feels the need to have a Nintendo related signature...

And for the life of him can't stop bashing nintendo.

:lol: Spoken like true Nintendo fanboys. This is an xbox discussion, yet you guys "feel the need" to turn it into Nintendo talk. You just proved my point for me.

I am a proud Nintendo Fanboy :)

Just because I have all the current Sony and Microsoft consoles as well doesn't change that :D

951068[/snapback]

I'm the same way. Well I did... until I sold the xbox for my arcade cab and traded the ps2 for *gasp* NES games.

Besides, Castlevania Dawn of Sorrows is, scary enough, better than SOTN, which is pretty damn impressive.

:lol: Spoken like true Nintendo fanboys. This is an xbox discussion, yet you guys "feel the need" to turn it into Nintendo talk. You just proved my point for me.

951065[/snapback]

Whatever dones, you just keep slinging that mud at nintendo. You must "feel the need" to bash them call them chilidish and their games derivative every chance you get. That's great we know that's what you think you don't have to say it over and over, people know i don't like the jaguar and i stopped bitching about it.

950620[/snapback]

950666[/snapback]

Does it matter? One of the options says,are you going to wait for the PS3 or Revolution. I'm waiting for the Revolution.

951059[/snapback]

Oh I guess not. I thought you had real info on something, but I see you don't.

I'd wait a long time for a polished game or system to come out, than a rushed game or system.

Besides, none of the xbox 360 games interest me that much. I'm playing quake 4 right now, and f.e.a.r., which isn't making an appearance as of now to any console.

Online super smash brothers, metroid and starfox? That alone I will wait for the revolution to come out.

951065[/snapback]

I guess I'm really a fanboy of irony since pointing out your Nintendo related sig irony is the only mention of them I made.

You know what's funny to me isn't so much fanboys that praise their choice. They really like what they have so they talk about it. That's fine. I'm more surprised at the un-fanboys who feel the need to always bash the console they didn't buy. What purpose does that serve beside feeding some pathetic feeling of inferiority? "Maybe I didn't make the right choice so I better make the other ones look bad because in my sad little mind that makes me better!" I'm not talking about just not liking something, that's normal. I'm talking the constant, can't post without bashing.

I'm not going to get a 360 for the same reason I didn't get the original X-Box.  There are simply not enough games I'm interested in to justify it.  I'm not a huge fan of FPS, racing games, or 3D fighting games, and that seems to be about 90% of the X-Box library.  I'll probably get a PS3 because it's backwards compatible with the games I already own (at least I think it will be), and it seems to get more RPG's, platformers, and shooters that I like (not to mention those occasional odd ball kooky Japanese games).  I'll probably get a Revolution eventually since I like some of the Nintendo series (Metroid, Mario, Zelda), but I'm really not overally hot for that one either. 

Tempest

951035[/snapback]

... and miss that stellar line-up of arcade live! games? ;-)

Yea, you probably have most of them for the Atari anyways but for someone like me who no longer has very many Atari / Retro games/consoles it's a great thing to look forward to.. (and space saving too!)

**PS - It's not a power brick... it's a foot warmer, get it right :P**

Edited by Clint Thompson

x-box sux plain and simple...it's not worth the money for a poor man's pc....hell the only thing that piece of shit is good for is a friggin door stop

951784[/snapback]

That seems a bit much doesn't it? You make it sound as if there is no possible chance they might ever make a game for it that would interest you. I'm not a big fan of the original Xbox or the PS2 on the whole but there a few games that interest me. I wouldn't call them "door stops." Do you really think there's nothing here that will be of the slightest interest to you?

Edited by joeybastard