IGNORED

Birthday Mania Cartridge.

vintagegamecrazy

so what name is programmed into the game, or did you already mention that and I just missed it? that is an AWESOME find. never heard of it before.

I think he said that he was not revealing the name out of respect for privacy reasons. Although I am happy a new game has been found. I just realized something. My lifetime goal of collecting every released game in the U.S. has been shattered. In fact I think this cart has officially shattered a lot of peoples lifetime complete collection goals. The only thing I can hope for now is if this is sold on ebay and this goes for a huge amount of money and it gets a lot of publicity. Than maybe a couple of more will become known.

so what name is programmed into the game, or did you already mention that and I just missed it? that is an AWESOME find. never heard of it before.

Yeah, I covered up the name on the label and didn't take a screenshot of the opening screen, which says "Happy Birthday, **NAME**" and plays the Happy Birthday theme. The girl...well, woman by now...who once received this cartridge as a gift has a right to her anonymity, and I've never met her...so I'm protecting her privacy.

this needs to be added to the rarity guide, if it has not already :)

id say it is an R10

Hopefully, it will indeed make it into an upcoming rarity guide. I've mentioned it to the different guide publishers in the past, written up brief game descriptions, but I suspect that, without the screenshots or label pictures, they may have been reluctant to publish the information. Should've at least been listed as vaporware/rumor mill. If any of them need more info on the game in order to include it, I'll be happy to provide whatever information they need.

And, yeah, surely an R10. Fact is, I used to have this little fantasy in the back of my mind. One of the big-time collectors in our community comes to me, bets me his entire collection that there's absolutely nothing I have in my collection that he doesn't own. I lay the B.M. cart on the table, his jaw drops, and I fill in the remaining holes in my own collection... Ahhhh, fantasy......

So do you really think some Atari maniac is gonna try and find "Karen Smith" or whomever the cart was originally for?

Unless it's a crazy uncommon name there's probably thousands of them out there

Then again, knowing Atari fans......

Did anyone bother to track down Carol Cox? :ponder:

I hope not.

:P

Who is Carol Cox?

Her name is a reference to the term 'coxed' which refers to a game cart 'signed' by its original owner (i.e. the kid that actually owned it back in the day), usually across the front of the label.

After a search on AA and Google, I realized how obscure the term has become.

I'm sure some of our veteran members can explain it in more detail.

Edited by Krytol

Now that's what I call a Christmas present.

Finally I see some pictures of this one.

Thanks for sharing.

Hope it gets dumped in the near future.

I've updated the Atarimania entry of this cart:

http://www.atarimania.com/detail_soft.php?...ERSION_ID=18568

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

Does the opening screen show a full name (first and last)?

Or, just a first?

Thinking about 6-digit displays and all, if the last name was an option, but it was Swazzerfajisinski-Romanov, they may not have been able to display it.

-John

The opening screen says "Happy Birthday Nancy Reagan". (Nancy Reagan isn't the real name, but it's the exact same number of characters as the one programmed into this particular cart).

I think he said that he was not revealing the name out of respect for privacy reasons. Although I am happy a new game has been found. I just realized something. My lifetime goal of collecting every released game in the U.S. has been shattered. In fact I think this cart has officially shattered a lot of peoples lifetime complete collection goals. The only thing I can hope for now is if this is sold on ebay and this goes for a huge amount of money and it gets a lot of publicity. Than maybe a couple of more will become known.

I have been worried about this.

Because i am at a point where there are not too many left to go and the ones that are 1K and up are left

i knew id never get em all.

Because i am at a point where there are not too many left to go and the ones that are 1K and up are left

Just do repros for the really rare stuff. Spending several thousand on an Atari cart is just not practical for most of us :)

There's about a dozen games in that price range. That means you'll get 99% of all Atari 2600 games. Still a great score!

Cheers,

Marco

There's about a dozen games in that price range. That means you'll get 99% of all Atari 2600 games. Still a great score!

Cheers,

Marco

Especially when you consider even if you did decide to spend the extra 20 thousand dollars to get 100%. No-one but maybe 10 folks out of 6.5 billion would care and even then they'd only care enough to post a message to an online forum that said something like "I'm jealous" or " Wow" :rolling:

Cheers,

Marco

Especially when you consider even if you did decide to spend the extra 20 thousand dollars to get 100%. No-one but maybe 10 folks out of 6.5 billion would care and even then they'd only care enough to post a message to an online forum that said something like "I'm jealous" or " Wow" :rolling:

This may be breaking the board rules and the mods can delete it if so, but does anyone do repros of insanely rare and expensive 2600 games?

Say for instance MotoRodeo, Mangia, Bumper Bash and Boing?